Question about JVC XV-S300 DVD Player
My JVC XV-S300 DVD Player displays the message "ERROR" after trying to read several of my DVDs, all of which work fine on other DVD players. Is it broken?
Try changing the region setting to region free.
1. Make sure there is no Disc in the tray.
2. Shut off the unit and unplug it from the AC outlet.
3. Press and Hold the "Play" and "Open/Close" keys,
simultaneously on the player and not the remote control.
4. While holding these keys, plug the AC cord back into the outlet. (TEST and CPU ver# will appear on the display)
5. Release the "Play" and "Open/Close" keys.
6. Press DVD Menu twice on the remote.
7. When the display reads s000 5858 use the up and down buttons to change the 000 to 02E.
8. Using the Left and Right arrow buttons, change the last four digits until they read 0000 for Region Free, 0101 for Region 1, 0202 for Region 2 or 0404 for Region 4.
9. Press Enter on the player.
10. Press Standby and wait 5 seconds.
11. Press Standby again. Your player is now set to the region you requested. If you find some titles do not play on the region 0 setting, you may have to hard select the appropriate region.
Good Luck. Let me know if it works
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 17, 2011 | JVC XV-S300 DVD Player
on Jan 02, 2009 | JVC XV-S500 DVD Player
Feb 08, 2011 | JVC XV-N320 DVD Player
Feb 02, 2011 | Televison & Video
May 11, 2009 | JVC XV-N322 DVD Player
Dec 24, 2008 | JVC XV-N320 DVD Player
Aug 17, 2008 | Televison & Video
Jul 01, 2008 | JVC XV-S300 DVD Player
336 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!