Question about Microwave Ovens
High voltage parts are suspect. You are looking at
replacing either the magnatron or the high-voltage capacitor and
diode. Its affordable if you do it yourself - buy the part on
EBAY - lookup "universal magnatron"
Hope ya fix it!
Posted on Jan 09, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 22, 2013 | LG Microwave Ovens
May 16, 2012 | Rival Microwave Ovens
Sep 24, 2011 | Kenmore 69642 Microwave Oven
If there is no heating please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is faulty, the temperature cut off is faulty or the main capacitor is short. It is also quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron.
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off.
Now keeping clear of the microwave, switch on, use a cup of water inside to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. replace with same type.
If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely
May 11, 2011 | LG Microwave Ovens
Apr 02, 2011 | Whirlpool MH7155XM Microwave Oven
Sep 27, 2009 | LG LRM1250 Microwave Oven
Mar 18, 2018 | Microwave Ovens
57 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!