Question about Guardian Rv Generator 4800 Watt, Gasoline, Primepact 50G
If generators are not used regularly, they need the their magnetic field to be charged (or flashed). This can be done by plugging an electric motor into the socket while the generator is running and spin the motor by hand. The hand-spun motor will push some electric current back into the generator and magnetize it enough to start it.
Look in the manual. There is likely something about field flashing the magnetic field. The easiest way to do this is to.
1) start the generator
2) plug an electric drill into the generator (without drill bit)
3) make sure drill is set to forward direction (if a reversable drill.
4) pull the trigger on the drill.
5) If the drill does not start, spin the drill's chuck clockwise (When looking down at the chuck from the drill bit end). Spin counter-clockwise if holding it like a pistol and pointing away from yourself.
6) Do this several times (hard) until the the generator will kick in and suddenly make the drill spin at full speed.
Be careful not to drop the drill or poke someone with it as you celebrate success.
Posted on Nov 18, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 17, 2013 | Generac 40 Kw Natural Gas/propane...
Oct 07, 2013 | Little Tikes Handle Haulers Haul and Ride
Aug 03, 2011 | Generac Guardian Electrical Supplies
Mar 22, 2011 | Kohler Electrical Supplies
May 13, 2010 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 02, 2009 | Watts Onan Portable Generator - 5000 ,...
Jul 12, 2009 | Watts Onan Portable Generator - 4000 ,...
483 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: