Question about Apple iPod touch
I am trying to up date my ipod touch by down loading a newer version, this takes about 3 hours or so it is telling me but when it gets half way through it stops, then it is telling me that it couldn't down load as it has timed out....??? please help
You have really slow internet i take it? less then 1MB/S probably. it'll take a while to download it, but you could try downloading it manually and updating via a .ipsw file. it is quite simple:
1. dowload a .ipsw file of the firmware you wish to update to (you can find these at http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ make sure it is the correct version for your ipod).... save it to your desktop for safekeeping. also, make sure you have the latest version of itunes
2. wait for it to download: watch a movie, get caught up on TV, do homework, go to sleep, go outside and play, go to work, etc.
3. once download completes, open itunes with your ipod plugged in. ignore the request to update. click on the icon for your ipod. hold the shift button and click on the "update" button, it should open a file dialog box. find the .ipsw file you downloaded earlier click open.
4. allow to run, this should take about 45 minutes, take this time to do other activities such as surfing fail blog or icanhascheezburger or learn something new on instructables, or hell, help someone out on fixya
5. return to your ipod after the wait to see if you had success. if you did, GREAT, continue to step 6. if not, do step 3-5 again, if that doesn't work.... you may need to try a different .ipsw file, return to step 1.
6. you now have an updated ipod touch, now you can enjoy the new 3.0 apps and such. might i suggest Eliminate or Topple 2
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 14, 2011 | Apple iPod touch
Feb 28, 2011 | Playforge Zombie Farm
Mar 21, 2010 | Apple iPod Touch 8GB 32GB 64GB 3rd...
Mar 12, 2010 | Apple iPod touch
Jan 12, 2010 | Apple iPod touch
Jul 19, 2009 | Apple iPod classic MP3 Player
May 07, 2009 | Apple iPod touch
Mar 22, 2009 | Apple iPod touch
Feb 24, 2009 | Apple iPod MA446LL/A MP3 Player
107 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!