Question about HP Pavilion MX75 17" CRT Monitor
All my windows goes down...bt when i re-plug the power supply of the moniter the problem solves ... bt after few mins .... same problem arise..!!
Though itz very unclear n i don't understand the moral meaning of windows going down..!!..n wat is the link of windows going down with ur monitor..
however, itz probably causing from faulty or defective smps or main/mother board..
if not probably itz causing from the monitor itself..
proceed to verify with the below stated steps, only if u r a professional..
DO IT ONLY IF U R A PROFESSIONAL..
..plz do check the following as in order:..
the Hardware part:..
1) check mains/power supply..the fuse, switch, wiring n associated circuitry..
2) [in case of desktop] thesmps itself may b defective/faulty..check the outputs of smps viz. 0v(black~ground); +12v(yellow); +5v (red, green~ps-on, violet~pg&grey~sb); -12v (blue);-5v(white); +3.3v(orange)..
check the battery n adapter [main power], in case of laptops..
replace with a standby n see..
3) unplug mains supply..pick open/remove the cmos battery..check (above +3v)..resit..
4) open the cpu n see if heat is generated..if not..replace the cpu n see..
5) open the CPU Heat-Sink with fan out of thesocket..put some "Heat Sink Compound" (available in local electronicschip level spare market)between the cpu/processor and the CPU Heat Sink*** fan..resit/fit it tightly in position..
6) on main/motherboard..see with a debug card for mb error..may b short..look fordefective capacitors(espabove1000mfd)/mosfets..go through the mb'ssouth bridge n the circuit lie around atx connector..the crystal clockgenerator (if cpu isn't heating up)..
replace with a standby n see..
7)seeif the ram(s) is loose/faulty..open clean/remove carbon & or oxideformed on the teeth with an eraser n resit it..or replace with a standbyn see..
8)remove/clean dustneatly..dust is non-uniform in nature n may causejam/short circuitry/excess resistance n many more..resulting an increasein heat..
9) if all above fails..just try to service the monitor..open and re-sould all the dry soulderings..itz probably is causing due to ur monitor's internal circuit dry-soulds..esp. at the crt base n around the horizontal output section (hot)..
the Software part:..
1)hv a licensed and UPDATEDantivirus installed (i prefer avg/kaspersky,remember, without updationa full version antivirus is useless)..
2) download, install n run microsoft kb890830..http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AD724AE0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en..
3) download n run Startup Control Panel..http://download.cnet.com/Startup-Control-Panel/3000-2094_4-10039330.html..'removeall the unnecessary startup items from here..(if u can't find whatto remove, post me/us in ur comment with all the items listed in eachn every tabs herein)..
4) remove all unnecessary software from add/remove programs..
5) download, install n run 'Advanced System Care Pro'..http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Pro/3000-2086_4-10399324.html..
6)disable the following:..
a)'Automatically Restart'right click on my computer->properties->advanced->startupn recovery->(un check on the) Automatically Restart;
b)'Error Reporting'right click onmy computer->properties->advanced->error reporting->disableerror reporting->(uncheck on the) 'but notify me when critical erroroccur'..
7) Increase the size of Virtual Memory, Initial: 1440; Maximum: 2880
if u r not a professional, always better to seek advise from ur system admin/vendor....
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 09, 2011 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Aug 17, 2011 | Acer X193W LCD Monitor
Jun 22, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 22, 2011 | Samsung SyncMaster 931B 19" LCD Monitor
Oct 14, 2010 | LG L1730S 17" LCD Monitor
Sep 29, 2010 | Samsung SyncMaster 191T 19" Flat Panel LCD...
Aug 12, 2010 | Sony VAIO VGC-RB42G PC Desktop
May 25, 2010 | HP f2105 21" LCD Monitor
Mar 24, 2010 | Princeton Digital LCD17 17" Flat Panel LCD...
127 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!