Question about Intel D945GCCR Motherboard
Probably itz either minor case of software corruption/improper ground/cpu fan..
or major case of faulty or defective main board/ram/daughter or addon card(s)..
..plz do check the following as in order:..
the Hardware part:..
1)a)in poweron mode, open/unplug the data/vga cable of the monitor from cabinet..seeif raster or 'osd' is appearing on the monitor screen..if so monitor isok..else replace the monitor and see..[not applicable in case oflaptop]..
b) in case of laptop try to get output from externaldisplay unit/monitor using vga port..if there's proper display inthere..the problem is probably with either the 'lcd' or 'ccfl' or'inverter circuit'..
2) if u hv a graphics card, replace with a standby or onboard and see..[not applicable in case of laptop]..
3) unplug mains supply..pick open/remove the cmos battery..check (above +3v)..resit..
4)seeif the ram(s) is loose/faulty..open clean/remove carbon & or oxideformed on the teeth with an eraser n resit it..or replace with a standbyn see..
5) a) see if ur hdd is noisy or emitting any 'ticking' noise (like 'tuk tuk' or 'kirr kirr')..
b) or if the system is not supporting either the newly installed device or itz software/driver /firmware
if so, u need either a fresh os installation or ur hdd is likely to b replaced..
6)remove/clean dustneatly..dust is non-uniform in nature n may causejam/short circuitry/excess resistance n many more..resulting an increasein heat..
7)open the CPU Heat-Sink with fan out of thesocket..put some "Heat Sink Compound" (available in local electronicschip level spare market)between the cpu/processor and the CPU Heat Sink*** fan..resit/fit it tightly in position..if necessary change the fan..
8)on main/motherboard..see with a debug card for mb error..may b short..look fordefective capacitors(espabove1000mfd)/mosfets..go through the mb'ssouth bridge n the circuit lie around atx connector..the crystal clockgenerator (if cpu isn't heating up)..
9) [in case of desktop] thesmps itself may b defective/faulty..check the outputs of smps viz. 0v(black~ground); +12v(yellow); +5v (red, green~ps-on, violet~pg&grey~sb); -12v (blue);-5v(white); +3.3v(orange)..the 'oscillator anderror amplifier ic',or pwm switching regulator circuit..lookfor defective protector-transformer/resistance (esp 4.7k)/mosfet..
check the battery n adapter [main power], in case of laptops..
the Software part:..
1)hvalicensed and UPDATED antivirus installed (i preferavg/kaspersky,remember, without updation a full version antivirus isuseless)..
2) download, install n run microsoft kb890830..http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AD724AE0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en..
3) download n run Startup Control Panel..http://download.cnet.com/Startup-Control-Panel/3000-2094_4-10039330.html..'removeall the unnecessary startup items from here..(if u can't find whatto remove, post me/us in ur comment with all the items listed in eachn every tabs herein)..
4) remove all unnecessary software from add/remove programs..
5) download, install n run 'Advanced System Care Pro'..http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Pro/3000-2086_4-10399324.html..
6)disable the following:..
a)'Automatically Restart'right click on my computer->properties->advanced->startupn recovery->(uncheck on the) Automatically Restart;
b)'Error Reporting'right click onmy computer->properties->advanced->error reporting->disableerror reporting->(uncheck on the) 'but notify me when critical erroroccur'..
7) Increase the size of Virtual Memory, Initial: 1440; Maximum: 2880
if u r not a professional, always better to seek advise from ur system admin/vendor....
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 28, 2012 | Intel D945GCCR Motherboard
Sep 12, 2012 | Intel D945GCCR Motherboard
Oct 11, 2011 | Intel D945GCCR Motherboard
Mar 26, 2011 | Intel D945GCCR Motherboard
May 17, 2010 | Intel D945GCCR Motherboard
Apr 17, 2010 | Intel D945GCCR Motherboard
May 13, 2009 | Samsung SyncMaster 152 B 15" LCD Monitor
Jun 29, 2008 | Sony Net MD Walkman MZ-N510 MiniDisc...
Apr 09, 2007 | Sony Net MD Walkman MZ-N910 Portable...
79 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!