I bought a Samsung E250 in the Uk and when I insert my South African sim card in it says that the network is locked.
Yes. The cellphone in UK is only meant for Certain Service Providers. In Order to Use it for South African SIM, you need ti Unlock the Code.There would be a Couple of Options :-
1. Contact the Original Service Provider and Ask them the Unlock Code.
Comment - They might not Offer as this phone would be under Contract. Why would they allow some other Provider to use it on their Network's SIM.
2. There are Certain websites that Keeps a Track of all these Details.These would Offer you Unlock Codes.
Comment - Not 100% Guaranteed.
3.Use Hardware or Re-flashing.
Comment - This could be done by only Few people who have the Firmware available,
Try one Trick, if that would work :-
1. Insert unaccepted sim to phone.
2. Input *2767*3855# and phone will reboot and will be temporarily unlocked.
3. Input *7465625*638*00000000*00000000#
4. Input #7465625*638*00000000#
5. Input *#7465625# to check the locks.
Out of these, you could try 2nd Option. The list of Websites ( Again i have no Comments on these Sites ) i came across are :-
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Jan 08, 2010 |