Question about LanTech 24 port 10/100 2 port SFP smart web switch (FE24E1GS)

2 Answers

Base Switch 1601F

Hi gentleman:

I'm needing replace urgently a Base Switch 1601F-16 ports and I'm needing your advise for this. Could you please recommend to me a better range of this device?



Posted by on


2 Answers

I have Lantech Wireless 802.11b 11 Mbps Cardbus Adapter and I need the driver to install because I lost my driver

Posted on Apr 19, 2008

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 12 Answers

It looks like the 1601F (by LANTECH) is a rack-mountable 10/100 switch with a 100Mbps fiber module. Try this search ( for a list of possible replacements. (Note that several in the list have a 100BaseFX expansion port, but the module for that port may need to be purchased separately.)

More generally, if fiber connectivity, advanced management features, and rack-mountability are not necessary, you can just pick up a 16 port 10/100 switch at your local computer store. If you need more features but this is an emergency, you could pick up the lesser switch to use while you're waiting on the better one.

Posted on Jan 09, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to configure cnet cgs-800

Hi, according to its manual, this is only an L2 switch, so no configuration is needed, if you want to use VLAN in example, you have to install an L3 switch.

Apr 30, 2016 | Cnet CGS-1600 16-Port Gigabit Switch - 16...

1 Answer

I need to replace the base of my sofr bodied pram as it got ruined by damp

Hi Jennifer
Could you please advise what country you're in and which make and model product you have in order for us to be able to advise.

Nov 10, 2014 | Baby Gear

1 Answer

Replace stock tire size.

Look at the sticker on the drivers side or passenger side door and you will see the manufacture recommended allowed tire size on your stock rims.

Feb 18, 2014 | 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

1 Answer

Which port to place network in put

If it is a hub then you can plug any device into any port. It doesn't matter which. All a hub does is broadcast data received on anymore out all the other ports at half duplex speeds. I'd recommend getting a switch instead. Same price and they don't suffer from all weaknesses a hub has.

Nov 28, 2012 | IBM 8224 Ethernet Stackable Hub 73g9764...

2 Answers

I have 25 digit code for vitsa word but micorsoft say it is wrong. 8YRX6-748G6-73K7J-B6MXJ-TXF6P This is on the base of my laptop on Microsoft sticker. I have tried many times to get it to work but it...

Some MS Office does not support, depends on your PC configuration, probably Windows Vista or Windows 7. Urgent work use Windows XP, is recommended and suits for all PC configurations. Try.

Mar 22, 2011 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition

2 Answers

How to link with 16 port switch with 8 port switch

Good question.
To link the new switch, take a short cable from the LAN port on the new Switch and connect it to one of the existing ports on the old or connected switch. it's just a daisychain.
Just keep in mind that the LAN connection on the Last switch must be connected to a PORT on the prior device on the LAN.

Apr 03, 2010 | D-Link DES-1008D 8-Port Ethernet Switch...

1 Answer

Hi - could someone please advise whether one can completely replace the face/body of a Nokia N81 - If yes, please advise where? Thanking you in advance

No you can not replace it you will need to get a new phone but I must advise you to get a different phone because I have read many negative remarks about this phone failing. BUT I recommend a new phone all together

Aug 25, 2009 | Nokia N81

2 Answers

Door chime code for GE model 1601S &1602S

Hi there. I think I have the same GE chime. It has a series of 4 dip switches on the bell (base) and also in the switch unit. Just make them the same. On mine for example, switch # 1,2 & 4 are up (on) and #3 is down (off). Any combination of 16 codes should work as long as both units are the same. Just as an aside, I had a problem with mine working intermittently, then mostly not at all. It was the actual pushbutton switch inside the button unit. Luckily, I replaced the micro-switch and it's working again. Also during cold wet weather, the 12v battery gets depleted faster than normal probably due to moisture inside the switch unit. I taped a piece of plastic from a sandwich bag over the switch unit to help keep water out.
I hope this helps.....

Nov 22, 2008 | Home Security

Not finding what you are looking for?
Computers & Internet Logo

Related Topics:

592 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top LanTech Computers & Internet Experts

Les Dickinson
Les Dickinson

Level 3 Expert

18425 Answers

Alun Cox

Level 3 Expert

2678 Answers

David Payne
David Payne

Level 3 Expert

14162 Answers

Are you a LanTech Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides