Question about Lenovo 3000 Y410 Notebook
Probably itz either minor case of software corruption/improper ground/cpu fan..
or major case of faulty or defective main board/ram/daughter or addon card(s)..
..plz do check the following as in order:..
the Hardware part:..
1)a)in power on mode, open/unplug the data/vga cable of the monitor fromcabinet..see if raster or 'osd' is appearing on the monitor screen..ifso monitor is ok..else replace the monitor and see..[not applicable in case of laptop]..
b) in case of laptop try to get output from external display unit/monitor using vga port..if there's proper display in there..the problem is probably with either the 'lcd' or 'ccfl' or 'inverter circuit'..
2) if u hv a graphics card, replace with a standby or onboard and see..[not applicable in case of laptop]..
3) unplug mains supply..pick open/remove the cmos battery..check (above +3v)..resit..
4)seeif the ram(s) is loose/faulty..open clean/remove carbon & or oxideformed on the teeth with an eraser n resit it..or replace with a standbyn see..
5) a) see if ur hdd is noisy or emitting any 'ticking'noise (like 'tuk tuk' or 'kirr kirr')..
b) or if the system is not supporting either the newly installed device or itz software/driver /firmware
if so, u need either a fresh os installation or ur hdd is likely to breplaced..
6)remove/clean dust neatly..dust is non-uniform innature n may cause jam/short circuitry/excess resistance n manymore..resulting an increase in heat..
7) open the CPU Heat-Sinkwith fan out of the socket..put some "Heat Sink Compound" (available inlocal electronics chip level spare market) between the cpu/processor andthe CPU Heat Sink *** fan..resit/fit it tightly in position..
8)on main/mother board..see with a debug card for mb error..may bshort..look for defective capacitors(esp above1000mfd)/mosfets..gothrough the mb's south bridge n the circuit lie around atxconnector..the crystal clock generator (if cpu isn't heating up)..
9) [in case of desktop] the smps itself may b defective/faulty..check the outputs of smpsviz. 0v (black~ground); +12v (yellow); +5v (red, green~ps-on, violet~pg& grey~sb); -12v (blue); -5v(white); +3.3v(orange)..the 'oscillator and error amplifier ic', orpwm switching regulator circuit..look for defectiveprotector-transformer/resistance(esp 4.7k)/mosfet..
check the battery n adapter [main power], in case of laptops..
the Software part:..
1)hv a licensed and UPDATED antivirus installed (iprefer avg/kaspersky, remember, without updation a full version antivirusis useless)..
2) download, install n run microsoft kb890830..http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AD724AE0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en..
3) download n run Startup Control Panel..http://download.cnet.com/Startup-Control-Panel/3000-2094_4-10039330.html..'removeall the unnecessary startup items from here..(if u can't find whatto remove, post me/us in ur comment with all the items listed in eachn every tabs herein)..
4) remove all unnecessary software from add/remove programs..
5) download, install n run 'Advanced System Care Pro'..http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Pro/3000-2086_4-10399324.html..
6)disable the following:..
a)'Automatically Restart' right click on mycomputer->properties->advanced->startup n recovery->(uncheckon the) Automatically Restart;
b)'Error Reporting' right click onmy computer->properties->advanced->error reporting->disableerror reporting->(uncheck on the) 'but notify me when criticalerror occur'..
7) Increase the size of Virtual Memory, Initial: 1440; Maximum: 2880
if u r bot a professional, always better to seek advise from ur system admin/vendor....
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
To fix this
1) power down the laptop
2) remove the battery
3) hold the power button for 30-60 seconds
4) put the battery back
5) turn on the laptop, let it boot normal
this shoud do it
Posted on Aug 19, 2010
Inverter or Backlight Bulb problem? http://pcshare.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,154/catid,34/func,view/id,144/#144
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
ur lens is getting weak
pls try this take out the dvd from drive u will see a shiny eye like thing it is lens try to clean it in circular motions with very soft cloth used to clean lcd's and then try those dvd 's otherwise u have to get the drive replaced ur lens is weaken due to some faulty media and excessive use it is a normal wear and tear process
pls rate me fixya for my help
Posted on Mar 06, 2009
I'm not sure if your referring to sleep mode or not but I hope this helps There are several specialty key functions on the Lenovo Y410...here is a list....good Luck....please rate me ...The Fang
The following describes the features of each function key.
Fn + Esc: Turn on/off the integrated camera.
Fn + F1: Put your computer in sleep mode.
Fn + F2: Turn off the LCD screen (any subsequent operation will turn the LCD screen back on).
Fn + F3: Shift to other connected display devices.
Fn + F4: Switch between wide screen and normal mode.
Fn + F5: Enable/disable the built-in wireless networking feature.
Fn + F6: Enable/disable the bluetooth features.
Fn + F8: Enable/disable the touch pad.
Fn + F9: Enable/pause Media Player playback.
Fn + F10: Stop Media Player playback.
Fn + F11: Skip to the previous track.
Fn + F12: Skip to the next track.
Fn + Insert/NmLk: Enable/disable the Numeric keypad.
Fn + Delete/ScrLk: Enable/disable Scroll Lock.
Fn + Pause/Break: Pause to view the system information during start-up.
Fn + up/down arrow key: Increase/decrease display brightness.
Fn + right/left arrow key: Increase/decrease computer volume.
Posted on Mar 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 02, 2014 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Laptop
Nov 03, 2010 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Notebook
Feb 06, 2010 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Laptop
Oct 23, 2009 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Laptop
Sep 06, 2009 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Notebook
Jun 17, 2009 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Notebook
2,103 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: