Question about Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
My ACER notebook power button turns on but the screen remains blank and the battery light does not come on and it makes noises like it wants to start then it stops
After switching off the aa1, when trying to turn it on again, it just shows blinking leds and the fan is turning. But the screen remains black.
If your aa1 does like this probably its BIOS has been damaged...
Luckily the Acer Aspire One has a built-in BIOS recovery routine, making it possible to flash the BIOS even if the system doesn't boot anymore.
Please note that the process I'm about to describe is only meant for emergencies and may void your warranty, so use at your own risk.
1) Format a USB memory key with the FAT mode.
2) Download the latest version of the BIOS from Acer support website:
3) Extract the files from the zip and put both the FLASHIT.EXE and the BIOS file in the root directory of the memory key.
4) Rename the BIOS file to ZG5IA32.FD and then remove the disk.
5) Turn the AA1 off, insert the battery and connect the AC adapter.
6) Insert the USB Memory Key into one of the USB port of the Aspire One.
7) Press Fn+Esc, keep it pressed and press the power button to turn the AA1 on.
8) Release Fn+Esc after a few seconds, the power button will be blinking.
9) Press the power button once. The AA1 will start the BIOS flash, do not interrupt for any reason. After some minutes the power button will stop blinking, and then the AA1 will reboot. Wait till the AA1 has completed all this operations.
If everything has gone right, the BIOS is flashed and all settings are reset to default.
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 28, 2017 | Acer Aspire One Netbook
Jan 28, 2011 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Downloads the bios file from this site.. Extract into a formatted usb .. Plug the charger ... and plug the usb .. keep pressing FN+ESC button then turn on the laptop u can see light is blinking .when light stop blinking release buttons wait for 5 min ..System will restart.. And u can see display.. Thanks
Oct 22, 2010 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Mar 14, 2010 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Sep 25, 2009 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Jun 27, 2009 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
May 12, 2009 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Feb 19, 2009 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
988 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: