Question about Computers & Internet
Ive brought a new gaming rig,
CPU: Athlon II X2 240, 2.8Ghz
MBD: Biostar TA770E AM3 / DDR2 / SATA
RAM: 2GB DDR2 800MHz
Case: CoolerMaster Elite 330
PSU: WinPower 450w
One 300gb Sata drive
One 160gb Sata drive
One LG Dvd Writer
Graphic card: MSI Geforce 9500gt MD1G-OC/D2
Now when i first got it no problems at all,
i could play Crysis, Cryostatis, Riddick, Saw and Mass Effect.
All on high and max settings, running fine.
Two weeks later it wouldnt let me play any of these games without shutting down, 2-5 mins into a game i would hear a click and it would turn off but the computer would still be running half the time.
I thought it was a graphic card problem so i swapped with my geforce 7500GT
and it still crashed, i removed one of my sata and dvd drive and still the problem consists?
The cpu is at a 22-30°C
Graphic cards are at 45-60°C
And the case is well ventilated.
There is no dust on either card or cpu.
And these are all new parts?
I also did test using CoreTemp
Here are the results
Processor:,AMD AMD Athlon II X2 240 (Regor)
Session start:,20:34:50 - November 11 - 2009
Time,CPU 0 Temp.,,CPU 0,Low temp.,High temp.,Core load,CPU speed,
You have ruled out the video card
and since cooling does not seem to be an issue on you cpu, your next step is to switch your power supply
after that one is ruled out,
your next replacement is your motherboard.
good luck man!
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
It sounds to me like a driver issue.
Visit NVIDIA's web site here and download the latest graphics drivers and install them. Also see if there are any patches available for the cards.
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 06, 2013 | MSI 760Gm-p23 Fx Desktop Motherboard Amd...
Jun 13, 2011 | Acer Aspire™ T180 PC Desktop
May 18, 2011 | Biostar A770E3 AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD...
• HyperTransport 1.0 supporting speed up to 1000MT/s
• NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
• Supports Dual Channel DDR2 667/800
- 2 DDR2 DIMMs (240pin / 1.8V)
- Supports a maximum memory size up to 8GB.
• One PCI Express 1.0 x16 slot.
• One PCI Express 1.0 x1 slot.
• Two PCI slots (support 3.3v/5v PCI bus interface).
• One IDE port by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
- Supports Ultra DMA 66/100/133 mode
- Supports PIO, Bus Master operation mode
- Can connect up to two IDE devices
• Two SATA II ports by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
- Supports storage and data transfers at up to 3Gb/s
- SATA II 1~2 supports RAID 0, 1 mode by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
May 12, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Sep 17, 2010 | 2K Games Oil Tycoon for Windows
Mar 20, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Nov 16, 2009 | Acer Aspire™ T180 PC Desktop
Oct 22, 2009 | Computers & Internet
144 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!