Question about Dell TrueMobile 1184 Wireless Broadband Router (802.11b) 9U555 (9U555)
Most routers have an option to show/unobscure the key, so I'd connect to the routers admin app. and look in there where you set it up
Posted on Nov 15, 2009
The WEP key is the encryption key that is configured in the router's wireless settings and the wireless card in the laptop is configured with this encryption setting to allow the laptop to communicate with the router.
WEP is an old encryption, better to use WPA encryption.
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps: -
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router wirelessly.
Posted on Nov 15, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 29, 2012 | Acer Computers & Internet
Jul 20, 2012 | Acer Computers & Internet
Jun 04, 2012 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
May 29, 2012 | Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
Apr 07, 2012 | Acer eMachines Black EL1352G-41w Desktop...
Dec 25, 2010 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Jan 12, 2010 | Acer TravelMate 4000LCi Notebook
Nov 09, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jun 13, 2008 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
May 30, 2010 | Dell TrueMobile 1184 Wireless Broadband...
May 27, 2009 | Dell TrueMobile 1184 Wireless Broadband...
89 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: