Question about E-Machines T5048 (7136) PC Desktop
The wireless router needs its wireless settings configured and also the wireless card in all the laptops and or computers needs to be configured with the router’s wireless settings so the laptops and desktop computers can communicate with the wireless router.
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps: -
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router wirelessly.
Posted on Nov 15, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 09, 2014 | NetGear N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit...
Jun 21, 2012 | NetGear WNR2000 Wireless Router
Jun 14, 2012 | Belkin (F5D8235-4) Wireless Router
Feb 01, 2010 | Microsoft Wireless Network Adapter Xbox...
Jul 29, 2009 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Apr 01, 2009 | Dell Wireless 2350 Router
Jan 12, 2009 | Intec PlayStation 3 Infinite Play Wireless...
Nov 04, 2008 | Dell Inspiron 5100 Wireless Mini-pci...
May 10, 2008 | Linksys WUSB54GC 802.11g/b Wireless...
Nov 27, 2007 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jul 22, 2018 | The Computers & Internet
192 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!