Question about D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
The wireless router needs its wireless settings configured and also the wireless card in all the laptops needs to be configured with the router’s wireless settings so the laptops can communicate with the wireless router.
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps: -
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router wirelessly.
Posted on Nov 15, 2009
If you connect the laptop to the router , you are able to go online that means the wired part of the router is working properly. You will need to check the wireless settings of the router and the laptop. If you don't the wireless settings of the router then you will need to access the router set up and check the wireless settings. Then try to connect to the wireless network. Click Here for step by step solutions
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Lost internet connection morning of 1/15/08 through router and directly through laptop 1. But, can get internet connection directly for laptop 2 and laptop 3! Cannot get a valid IP address anymore when laptop 1 is directly connected. Also, I discovered ping works for any lettered website even when the router is not connected to the wall, but correctly times out for a numbered website (eg 126.96.36.199). Completely stumped. Please help!
Posted on Jan 15, 2008
Do you need to see the desktop or just share folders from each other? If the latter then you need to do the following:
Use Windows Explorer and select a folder you want to share. Right click and select sharing and security.
On the sharing tab click on Share this folder. Enter a share name ( I like to enter the PC name _folder name; Rick1_Downloads)
Click on Permissions. If your ok with everyone using the PC's and Laptops having access then highlight Everyone and click on Full Control.
Do this on each PC and Laptop.
That should be it or darned near close.
Posted on Apr 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 30, 2011 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Jul 15, 2010 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Apr 30, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Mar 12, 2010 | Encore ENHWI-G2 Router
Aug 03, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 15, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jan 03, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Nov 24, 2008 | Microsoft MN-700 Wireless Router (p5308j)
Nov 11, 2008 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Jan 14, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
419 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!