Question about Compaq Computers & Internet
Ok. I have this exact same laptop and the exact same issue. Go to hplies.com and you will see almost 2,000 users with the same issue. The problem lies with the nVIDIA GFX chip on the motherboard. THE ISSUE IS UNREPAIRABLE. Any repairs will force the laptop to fail again.
This issue has actually landed me in small claims court where I am suing for hte full cost of this laptop because not only is hte laptop defective, nVIDIA admitted it, and HP covered it up.
Join us at hplies.com and we will give you the know how to get this issue fixed/your $ back. We even have links to all of the information!
Posted on Jan 09, 2010
Probably itz either minor case of software corruption/improper ground/cpu fan..
or major case of faulty or defective main board/ram/daughter or addon card(s)..
..plz do check the following as in order:..
the Hardware part:..
1)in power on mode, open/unplug the data/vga cable of the monitor fromcabinet..see if raster or 'osd' is appearing on the monitor screen..ifso monitor is ok..else replace the monitor and see..
2) if u hv a graphics card, replace with a standby or onboard and see..
3) unplug mains supply..pick open/remove the cmos battery..check (above +3v)..resit..
4)seeif the ram(s) is loose/faulty..open clean/remove carbon & or oxideformed on the teeth with an eraser n resit it..or replace with a standbyn see..
5) a) see if ur hdd is noisy or emitting any 'ticking'noise (like 'tuk tuk' or 'kirr kirr')..
b) or if the system is not supporting either the newly installed device or itz software/driver /firmware
if so, u need either a fresh os installation or ur hdd is likely to breplaced..
6)remove/clean dust neatly..dust is non-uniform innature n may cause jam/short circuitry/excess resistance n manymore..resulting an increase in heat..
7) open the CPU Heat-Sinkwith fan out of the socket..put some "Heat Sink Compound" (available inlocal electronics chip level spare market) between the cpu/processor andthe CPU Heat Sink *** fan..resit/fit it tightly in position..
8)on main/mother board..see with a debug card for mb error..may bshort..look for defective capacitors(esp above1000mfd)/mosfets..gothrough the mb's south bridge n the circuit lie around atxconnector..the crystal clock generator (if cpu isn't heating up)..
9) [in case of desktop] the smps itself may b defective/faulty..check the outputs of smpsviz. 0v (black~ground); +12v (yellow); +5v (red, green~ps-on, violet~pg& grey~sb); -12v (blue); -5v(white); +3.3v(orange)..the 'oscillator and error amplifier ic', orpwm switching regulator circuit..look for defectiveprotector-transformer/resistance(esp 4.7k)/mosfet..
check the battery n adapter [main power], in case of laptops..
the Software part:..
1)hv a licensed and UPDATED antivirus installed (iprefer avg/kaspersky, remember, without updation a full version antivirusis useless)..
2) download, install n run microsoft kb890830..http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AD724AE0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en..
3) download n run Startup Control Panel..http://download.cnet.com/Startup-Control-Panel/3000-2094_4-10039330.html..'removeall the unnecessary startup items from here..(if u can't find whatto remove, post me/us in ur comment with all the items listed in eachn every tabs herein)..
4) remove all unnecessary software from add/remove programs..
5) download, install n run 'Advanced System Care Pro'..http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Pro/3000-2086_4-10399324.html..
6)disable the following:..
a)'Automatically Restart' right click on mycomputer->properties->advanced->startup n recovery->(uncheckon the) Automatically Restart;
b)'Error Reporting' right click onmy computer->properties->advanced->error reporting->disableerror reporting->(uncheck on the) 'but notify me when criticalerror occur'..
7) Increase the size of Virtual Memory, Initial: 1440; Maximum: 2880
if u r bot a professional, always better to seek advise from ur system admin/vendor....
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 16, 2014 | Compaq Presario F700 F500 Series Laptops
Jul 10, 2011 | HP Compaq Presario F500 F700 and G6000...
Jan 25, 2011 | HP Compaq Presario F500 F700 and G6000...
May 19, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 30, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario F500 F700 and G6000...
Jul 30, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario F500 F700 and G6000...
Jun 05, 2009 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Apr 13, 2009 | Computers & Internet
1,498 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!