Question about Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I've tried multiple refilled cartridges and my Cannon MP160 wont print because it hasn't detected the new ink level!!!
CANON PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet Printer has few common problems. Such as Driver CD lost, Scanner does not work, Connection problem etc. For find all these software solution just click here....
Posted on Sep 04, 2009
Now this is for the black PG-40 and CL-41.
After refilling your cartridges for the first time, you need to disable the ink monitor.
The instructions are in your manual. You know the book that no one seems to read.
Start button > Settings > Control Panel > Printers > (right click on printer model) > Printer Preferences > Maintenance Tab > View Printer Status > Option.
In the options menu you must left click on the enable status monitor. The check mark will disappear and the ink monitor is now disabled.
If you get a pop up message saying anything and the printer is flashing orange. Click ok on the computer, if no ok button. Hold the feed button on the printer for a few seconds.
Posted on Jul 16, 2008
I once found a trick on the web to bi-pass the empty cartridge problem, but now it's started up again and I need to re-enter the code series, where can I find it again? I refill my own cartridges, and have for many years, without problems, but now this stupid Canon MP160 doesn't want to allow this. This is MY machine, I should be able to re-fill it if I want to. Do you not agree? Thanks.
Posted on Feb 02, 2008
Reset CANON MP 160 INKTANK
1. unplug the power cord
2. press and hold down the <ON/OFF> button and reconnect the power cord
3. press the <STOP/RESET> button 2 times and then release the <ON/OFF> button
4. Display LED show "0" press the <+> button 1 time Display LED show "1"
5. press the <Start Color > button 2 times and then press the <ON/OFF> button waitng for testing out 2 pages
6. Open the cover. The carriage that holds the ink will move to the left hand side. and then unplug the power to the printer
7. Push down on the end of the black cartridge. A clicking noise will be heard.
8. Slide the cartridge out of the holder towards you.
9. Push down on the end of the color cartridge. A clicking noise will be heard.
10. Slide the cartridge out of the holder towards you.
11. Once both cartridges are removed, unplug the power to the printer (without turning it off).
12. Reconnect the power cord.
13. Turn on the printer.
14. Open the cover. The carriage that holds the ink will move to the left hand side.
15. Place the black cartridge in the bottom of the printer.
16. Slide the black cartridge back until is cannot go back any further.
17. Push up on the end of the black cartridge, a clicking noise should
18. Place the color cartridge in the bottom of the printer.
19 Slide the color cartridge back until is cannot go back any further.
20. Push up on the end of the color cartridge, a clicking noise should
Ya! YA! NEW
Posted on Jan 17, 2008
Put in real ink carts
Posted on Jan 15, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 26, 2011 | Printers & Copiers
Feb 22, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 15, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP190 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 21, 2009 | Kodak ESP 3 Multifunction Printer/ Copier/...
Oct 07, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Nov 12, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One Printer
Nov 11, 2008 | Cannon Printers & Copiers
Oct 21, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 22, 2007 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 31, 2007 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
1,492 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: