Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: My PS3 won't play PS3 Games
I called Sony and they helped me resolved this same problem...
1. Turn off the ps3.
2. press down on the on/off button on the front of ps3 while turning on the button from the back. DO not let it go until you hear 2 beeps and will show a red light.
3. press the on/off button again and do not let it go until you hear 1 beep, paused, and two beeps. Let it go.
4. There should be a prompt asking you what to do. If you have hdmi, answer all the question yes etc.
5 there should be a menu list asking what you need done.. setting wise..
6. Choose the # 3rd list (not sure how many they were).
7. IF it tells you that your data is corrupted etc.. just click ok
8. wait till progress ends ( if it tells your your data is corrupted again, just click ok again).
9. It's going to do some loading again...
10.. end of restoring and you should see your ps3 menu..
Posted on Jul 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 20, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jan 26, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Nov 28, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Aug 16, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jun 21, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
May 29, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Oct 14, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
36 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!