Question about Garden
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Broken Pull String
Yes, it is possible that the spring needs to be pre-tensioned. its also possible that something was put together a little out of alignment, or some part is too tight and its too hard for the spring to wind in the chord. try to reassemble the chainsaw with a couple more turns on the spring and see if that helps.
Posted on Oct 31, 2008
Easy suggestion would be to get new spring coil. Is it older saw? Have had to change mine on poulan saws before.
Posted on Jul 04, 2009
I think someone failed to put oil in the fuel.
Determine if the warranty is active first. Most warranties are effective for 1 to 5 years. If yes return it to where it was purchased or find an authorized repair facility. A written diagnosis by a good independent saw shop ($10-20) might be a good idea at this point. It is difficult to argue repair charges with an authorized repair facility without some documentation in your favor.
1. Remove the starter housing. Does the starter operate smoothly? If yes, reinstall the cover and continue with 2, if no repair starter.
2. Is the saw equipped with a decompression valve? Yes continue, no proceed with 3.
· Leave the ignition off, set the valve and pull the starter.
· Pull gently to release the valve. Is there a difference in the effort required? If yes continue with 3, if no repair or replace the decompression valve.
3. Was this saw perhaps operated without oil mixed with the fuel?
· Remove the spark plug wire and plug.
· Remove the muffler, hold a light at the plug hole and inspect the cylinder through the exhaust port. Is it smooth and shiny or does it appear speckled with dull gray spots or smears?
· Pull the starter slowly, inspect the piston as it rises and falls. Is it a dull gray without scratches and gouges?
· Hold the light at the exhaust port and inspect the cylinder, above the exhaust port, through the spark plug hole. Is it shiny and smooth or speckled with gray spots or smears?
Any spots or smears on the cylinder or deep scratches and gouges in the piston indicate the saw was operated in a lean condition. Repair of this on a home owner quality saw often exceeds replacement cost. A repair estimate by the independent saw shop should be considered.
4. The final likely possibility is the saw has jumped timing. This problem or any not discussed is usually beyond the ability of the operator to repair. Please take it to a good local saw seller/mechanic for a written diagnosis before authorizing any repair. HTH
Posted on Oct 10, 2009
SOURCE: broken pull starter rope
remove pulley that rope goes on, wind it with new rope, wrap it till it is full, then feed rope thru hole in housing, put pulley back in place, put rope thru pull handle, pull thru till you feel spring catch tie a knot and that should do it......be careful when removing pulley not to dislodge recoil spring
Posted on Oct 22, 2009
sounds like a briggs engine, DONT remove the rivits, go down a little further and remove the 4 3/8 bolts that hold the blower housing on.Turn it upside down, prewinf the pulley in the direction that it turns when the rope is being pulled. When it stops turning because the spring is tight, let it unwind one turn and line up the hole in the pulley with the hole in the metal part where the rope comes in and slip the rope in, tie a not and melt the freyed end. Let the starter pull the rope in by itself.
Posted on Nov 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 14, 2016 | Troy Garden
Oct 04, 2014 | Troy Garden
Oct 19, 2013 | Troy Bilt Tb70ss Gas Trimmer
Aug 12, 2011 | Troy Garden
Aug 31, 2010 | Ryobi Garden
May 31, 2010 | Craftsman 22" Gas Hedge Trimmer
May 29, 2010 | Troy Garden
Jun 05, 2009 | Troy Bilt Tb70ss Gas Trimmer
Jan 10, 2009 | Troy Bilt 17 Inch 29 Cc Gas Powered...
May 22, 2018 | Garden
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!