Question about Kenmore Kitchen Ranges
HI. This Usually means that either the touch pad or the oven control (also called
clock or ERC) is defective and needs to be replaced. If this fault code
cannot be canceled, replace the oven control (also called clock or ERC),
touch pad, or both.
Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC (Clock). If your unit is not configured this way, follow this simple test to confirm which board is damaged.
This simple test will help determine whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is defective when F1 error code is present.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing.
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC.
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound).
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Posted on Nov 15, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 27, 2015 | KitchenAid KHMS2050SSS Microwave Oven
Oven Control Beeps
and Displays an "F"
Electronic control has detected a fault condition. Push CANCEL pad to clear the display
and stop the display from beeping. Reprogram the oven. If a fault reoccurs, record the fault
number, push the CANCEL pad and contact an authorized servicer.
Jul 26, 2011 | Frigidaire 30 in. Electric Gallery Series...
Jan 28, 2010 | Hobart HR7E Electric Single Oven
Jan 14, 2010 | Ovens
Jul 13, 2009 | Electrolux Kitchen Ranges
Dec 17, 2008 | Frigidaire FGF378AC Gas Kitchen Range
Oct 19, 2008 | Jenn-Air WW30430P Stainless Steel Electric...
Oct 02, 2008 | Frigidaire Kitchen Ranges
Dec 01, 2007 | Magic Chef CER3725AA Electric Kitchen...
Sep 03, 2007 | Magic Chef CER3725AA Electric Kitchen...
Sep 20, 2017 | Kenmore Kitchen Ranges
23 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: