- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Turn on your Symphonic TV.
2. Press and hold SETUP until indicator lights
3. Enter 0053 (or 0189 or 0227 or 0456 or 0024)
4. Press CHANNEL UP. If your TV responds, it is programmed. If some buttons don't work, try repeating by entering one of the other codes.
http://www.remotecodelist.com/remotes/magnavox/Philips-Magnavox_PM525S.pdf This is the user's manual for a Phillips remote control. There is a list of codes in it. They should be rather universal. There's also instructions as to how to program it. I believe that there is a way to program it without using the codes.
Programming with Code Search
1. Manually turn on the device (TV, VCR, etc.) to be controlled.
2. Press and hold Code Search button until the red indicator stays on. Release the Code Search button.
3. Press and release the desired mode button (TV, VCR, etc.). The red indicator blink, then stays lit.
Press the Channel Up button repeatedly (up to 300 times) until the
device could be controlled changes channel. The red indicator blinks,
then stays lit. If you accidentally overshoot the code required, press
the Channel Down button to backtrack through the library until the
device changes channel. Pressing Channel Up changes direction to
forward again. Press and release the Mute button to install the code.
Manually turn on the device you want to control 1. press and hold the CODE SEARCH button til the light stays on release the code search button 2. Press and quickly release the desired button ( TV, DVD, etc ) the red light blinks off once 3. Press the CHANNEL UP button repeatedly ( up to 300 times ) til the device changes channel and stop (the red light will blink off after each time the channel up button is pressed ) 4 Press the MUTE button to set the code