Question about Black & Decker Black and Decker & Grass Hog Electric Trimmer
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Part number #243614-00.
It's a microswitch made by Honeywell that costs about 5 bucks plus shipping.
The attached file has the schematic and parts list.
The CST2000 is well worth spending a few bucks to keep it going. Finding a local B&D authorized service center near you will even save you the shipping as they can order it for you.
Every other component is pretty dependable- the motor, battery, wiring, charging system, spool system- all built to last.
Only down side is you really only get 20 to 25 minutes of hard weedwhacking before you need to recharge. Of course, it's time for a cold beer in the pool by then.
Posted on Apr 24, 2008
the drive cable probley kinked or bent and does not drive the head the cable goes from the motor to the head take the clamp bolt out and lift the head off the cutter check the cable
Posted on Jul 30, 2008
It sounds like that the automatic line release is damaged.
1. Remove and clean all debris from the head. I assume that you have already done this if you have changed the line a few times, but just make sure.
2. Remove the the head from the shaft.
3. There should be a large spring in there. If its broken, damaged or missing that will allow the head to spool line pretty fast. again make sure all debris is removed from this area.
4. Check the feed dogs in the same area as the spring. If they are worn the same problem will occur.
5. Install line on the spool.Make sure that it is wound the proper direction. There should be arrows indicating this. The line wound in reverse will also cause the same problem as well.
6. Put it all back together and see if works now.
7. If this doesn't solve it you may need to replace the head assembly.
Posted on Jul 02, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 14, 2015 | Black & Decker Black and Decker & Grass...
Mar 30, 2015 | Black & Decker Black and Decker & Grass...
Jul 25, 2017 | Black & Decker Black and Decker & Grass...
Oct 06, 2010 | Black & Decker 14" Grass Hog Xp...
Jun 29, 2010 | Black & Decker Black and Decker & Grass...
Oct 24, 2009 | Black & Decker Black and Decker & Grass...
Aug 11, 2009 | Black & Decker 14" Grass Hog Xp...
May 25, 2009 | Black & Decker 5.2 AMP 14-Inch Grass Hog...
124 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: