Question about Audio Players & Recorders
Sometimes Vista doesn’t properly recognize a Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) device and assigns the wrong driver, usually this is an initial ID error and it will hook a generic Mass Storage Device (MSD) driver instead.
This will procedure will (usually) set the correct driver for players that use MTP so give it a try. It may fail if there are class errors in your registry but it can also (sometimes) correct them. In any case, it won't do any harm since your player isn't connecting correctly anyway.
* Plug in the player so the USB bus can see it.
* Once it’s recognized (even wrongly), go to the Control Panel and choose "System"
* Choose "Device Manager" from the left pane.
* Look for “Universal Serial Bus” in the list
* If it is, Click on it. Under that it will say either “USB MASS STORAGE DEVICE” or “Mass storage device”
* If it's A “Mass storage device” then the correct drivers are probably loaded (see below for the correct ones)
* If it's a “Mass storage device” , Right Click to get the properties.
* Choose the “Driver” tab then “Driver Details” button
* Choose “Update Driver”
* Check "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" and Click "Next"
* In the next window check only the "Don’t search. I will choose the driver to install” then click "Next" .
* In the next window highlight the “Portable Device” and click "Next" and browse to:
* Choose “wpdusb.sys” as the driver and OK it until you see it update the driver.
In “most cases”, this will correct the problem of an MTP device being improperly recognized as Mass storage device ie, Flash Drive.
Please leave me comment, if you need further assistance
RNJ VINOD KUMAR
Posted on Nov 15, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 06, 2011 | Sony NWS706 - 4GB Walkman MP3 Player -...
May 28, 2009 | Sony Network Walkman NW-HD3 MP3 Player
May 29, 2008 | Sony Network Walkman NW-E005 MP3 Player
Apr 18, 2008 | Sony Network Walkman NW-E005 MP3 Player
Jan 12, 2008 | Sony Network Walkman NW-E005 MP3 Player
Mar 29, 2007 | Sony Network Walkman NW-A3000 MP3 Player
20 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!