Question about Brother MFC-5840CN All-In-One InkJet Printer
Hi , If you like i have suggestion , do you have vacuum cleaner having small extension can reach to the nest of ants .
Posted on Jan 12, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 02, 2013 | HP D110a Photosmart Color Inkjet Printer...
on May 01, 2011 | Printers & Copiers
1. Turn off printer and unplug power.
2. Lift up scanner lid so that you can see the scanning glass
3. Locate the screw on the top left side next to the small **** of glass. This glass is the section used for scanning from the automatic document feeder. Remove that screw and then the plastic that it was holding. Lift the glass out.
4. With the glass removed you can see the drive belt for the scanner. You need to rotate it until the scanner head moves to the left far enough that you can see the top of the moving part of the scanner. You will see a thin light bulb and a slot. Do not touch the lightbulb, it is fragile. You may need to pull on the assembly to move it the last bit to access the slot
5. Use a flashlight to see down into the slot, you will see a thin mirror that runs the width of the slot. If that mirror is dirty, that may be the problem and it needs to be cleaned.
6. Use a q-tip moistened with either alcohol or window cleaner to gently clean the mirror. Make sure you do not leave any lint in there.
7. Replace the glass and turn printer back on. If this is going to work it should come to ready.
May 01, 2011 | HP LaserJet 3330 All-In-One Printer
Jun 09, 2010 | Printers & Copiers
Jun 08, 2010 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 15, 2010 | Sharp AL-1551CS Copier
Jan 02, 2010 | Brother MFC 210C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 05, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 18, 2008 | Canon Pixma MP800 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 11, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP760 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 30, 2016 | Brother MFC-5840CN All-In-One InkJet...
308 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: