Question about HP 510 Notebook
I had to manually restart my Hp 510 laptop and it completely got rid of my administrator user name which is where all my stuff is. Now theres only a user name as administrator and my stuff is NO WHERE to be found. PLZ HELP! I did have this problem before and someone told me about safemode? is that right?
If you have windows xp home, yes.. safe mode is a way to get into the administrator account.. hopefully you wil be able to access your files again. to get into safemode do the following:
1. shut your computer off and wait 30 seconds
2. turn the computer on and keep pressing f8 soon after you have press the on button, if you do it right you see black screen with white letters showing "advance startup options"
(note if you see the windows xp message and the little cursor going from left to right, you need to try again.
3. once you get to the screen of "advance start up options" go down with the arrows until you have "safemode" hightlighted.
4. click enter
5. your computer will give show the different accounts including the administrator account
6. once you get into the admin account try to access the files and then move the files you need to a shared location (ex. my computer> shared documents)
7. then restart normally
you can access the administrator account also in normal mode:
on screen when you enter the account (and the password) where you log in, just click ctlr+alt+del (you should see the loging box with the "administrator" already typed in, if there's no password for the admin, just hit enter and you'll be in the admin account while in normal mode.
hope that helps
Posted on Nov 15, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 23, 2014 | HP 650 Notebook PC
Aug 29, 2013 | HP Pavilion N5430 Notebook
Mar 17, 2011 | HP Pavilion dv4000 Notebook
Jan 15, 2011 | Webroot Spy Sweeper (spysweeper) for PC
Jul 02, 2010 | HP PSC 1315 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 13, 2010 | HP Pavilion ze2000 Notebook
Apr 17, 2010 | HP Pavilion 110-1030NR Notebook
Feb 22, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv1000 Notebook
Oct 03, 2009 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 28, 2008 | HP Compaq Presario V6000T Notebook
259 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!