Question about Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top Load Washer
I cannot get the upper assembly removed. Cap, bolt and ring have been removed but the upper assembly seems "stuck". I cannot pull it up at all. Any suggestions for how to remove it?
My whirlpool agitator is agitating me too! Did you figure out how to separate the top part? It looks like there are 4 white plastic tabs sticking throught the clear plastic ring (that holds the dogs).
I've pulled on it and I'm about to break out the hammer if I can't get this loose :)
Posted on Jul 19, 2008
Not sure if you mean the agitator is stuck to the shaft or the agitator will not separate now that you have it out of the machine, if the agitator is stuck, you may be able to get it loose by rocking it back and forth while pulling up on the base or bottom of the agitator. If you have the agitator out already, then stand on the base and pull up sharply on the top section and it will separate.
Posted on Jan 19, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 04, 2011 | Washing Machines
2) Pull the inner cap (if present) off - many Whirlpool machines use this inner cap, with a handle, to gain access to the center bolt
3) Remove the bolt in the center of the agitator (earlier models used a 7/16" hex-head steel bolt)
On older models, grasp the bottom portion of the agitator and pull the entire assembly out of the washer. (Some recent models allow just the top portion's removal to access these 'dogs')
5) Older models - place the agitator on the floor, and, standing carefully on the bottom portion, pull the top half off. Turn it over, and the dogs will be accessible for replacement.
6) Newer model dogs can be replaced once just the ratchet ***'y is removed. There are several versions currently in use, but most can be replaced without removing the bottom agitator half. All '4-dog' versions use the 285770 (or #80040) kit, regardless of the cam ***'y style. (Really old agitators, rarely seen now, used a pair of 2 larger dogs, which are a different part number)
7) On older versions, be careful to align the two tabs when inserting the upper ***'y back onto the agitator bottom half. When these are aligned, they will friction-fit the two halves together, making it easier to reinstall the ***'y. Handle it only by the bottom half to prevent pulling the top half off when reinstalling.
8) Lightly lubricate the agitator cap's rubber gasket using a bit of dishwasher detergent, and push it back into place. (On the Whirlpools with an inner cap, lube that cap's o-ring too - makes it easier to snap into place)
Apr 18, 2011 | Kenmore 24042 Top Load Washer
Nov 14, 2010 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Oct 10, 2010 | Kenmore 24972 Top Load Washer
Oct 09, 2009 | Washing Machines
Oct 03, 2009 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Apr 09, 2009 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Apr 07, 2009 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Mar 26, 2009 | Kenmore Oasis 27042 Top Load Washer
Mar 25, 2009 | Kenmore Washing Machines
497 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: