Question about Computers & Internet
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps: -
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router wirelessly.
Posted on Nov 14, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If it's not yours, you need to ask whoever it is for for the password.
If the modem is for yourself, you should probably look for the manual
for the wireless modem. Some of them come with a password, and the
manual might tell you what it is.
As for someone else's internet, you need to ask them for the password.
WEP is an easy password, and a WAP consists of a lot more characters than a WEP
Posted on Jan 01, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 08, 2012 | NetGear Computers & Internet
May 15, 2011 | NetGear DG834G Router
Jan 06, 2011 | NetGear DG834G Router
Feb 07, 2010 | NetGear DG834G Router
Jan 28, 2010 | NetGear DG834G Router
Dec 15, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Router
Mar 21, 2009 | NetGear DG834G 802.11G Wireless ADSL...
Dec 23, 2008 | NetGear DG834G Router
Jun 13, 2008 | NetGear DG834G 802.11G Wireless ADSL...
Feb 28, 2008 | NetGear DG834G Router
263 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!