Question about Garden
Fuel Starvation - Float Bowl Carburetor
1) remove air filter assembly
*be cautious of tearing the mounting gasket. If it does tear, you HAVE to replace it. It is part of the priming system
2) remove the float bowl fastener. This is the main jet
3) carefully remove the float bowl, the rubber o-ring/gasket will not be able to be used if it is removed, you WILL have to replace it
4) using a spray 'carb cleaner'
spray up thru the center of the carburetor
spray and clean the main jet with cleaner and 'tag' wire
(tag wire is very thin, and can be used to clean the hole in the center of the main jet)
5) clean any debris from inside the bowl or carb body
6) re-install bowl and center bolt, air filter assembly
*if you need gaskets, your Briggs dealer can supply. The kit is cheaper than individual gaskets, and all the parts needed to finish the above repair are in the kit.
1) How have you determined that there is no spark?
2) Have you used a type of spark tester?
3) What is the condition of the plug. Brown or dark brown is OK. Black or silver is NOT Ok.
*If you do not have a spark tester,
a) remove the plug, and with it connected to the wire,
b) find a portion of metal around the cylinder that you can ground it on, and then pull the rope.
c) If the plug is black, you may see spark, but you should replace the plug.
*** PLEASE NOTE ; if there is excess fuel in the cylinder or on spark plug,
it can catch fire, so be carefull to cover the hole with a heavy rag so that any fuel
cannot be exposed to spark plug durning test !!!!
Get back with me on how this issue works out.
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 17, 2013 | Mtd 22" Yard Machine Push Mower
Aug 11, 2011 | Yard Machines 158cc Push Lawn Mower #11a...
Jun 05, 2011 | Mtd 22" Yard Machine Push Mower
Aug 18, 2010 | Mtd 22" Yard Machine Push Mower
Jun 01, 2010 | Mtd 22" Yard Machine Push Mower
May 27, 2010 | Yard Machines 158cc Push Lawn Mower #11a...
Nov 01, 2009 | Mtd 22" Yard Machine Push Mower
Sep 09, 2009 | Yard Machines Garden
Aug 19, 2009 | Yard Machines 158cc Push Lawn Mower #11a...
Jun 14, 2009 | Mtd 22" Yard Machine Push Mower
Sep 23, 2017 | Garden
77 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!