Question about Kodak EASYSHARE Plus Series 3 Thermal Photo Printer
From Kodak, if problems picking up paper:
IMPORTANT: Use only Kodak color cartridge & paper kits for your printer dock. Do not use inkjet paper.
The paper tray may be empty. Load paper, re-install the paper tray, then press .
Check the paper:
Remove the paper tray (Installing and removing the paper tray).
Inspect the paper supply: make sure paper is not damaged in any way, or removable tabs have not been detached. Reload with new paper if necessary.
Carefully "fan" the paper to keep the sheets from sticking together.
Reload the paper tray. Do not exceed the fill line.
Re-install the paper tray, then press to resume printing.
If necessary, clean the paper feed roller:
IMPORTANT: Disconnect the power before cleaning.
1. Remove the paper tray from the printer dock, and leave the paper tray door open.
2. Lightly moisten a lint-free cloth with water.
IMPORTANT: Do not use cotton or cotton swabs to clean the paper feed roller.
3. Use the moistened cloth to gently wipe clean the surface of the paper feed roller. Advance the feed roller with your thumb as necessary, and continue cleaning.
4. Allow the paper feed roller to fully dry before reconnecting the power.
From Kodak, to remove cartridge:
1. Open the cartridge door on the side of the printer dock.
2. Check to make sure there is no slack in the color cartridge ribbon.
To remove slack, push in on the cartridge spool, then rotate the spool clockwise.
IMPORTANT: Be careful not to rotate the spool more than that necessary to remove slack. Doing so could reduce the number of prints you are able to make.
3. Slide the color cartridge in, label side up, with the arrow pointing toward the printer dock. Push the cartridge until it "clicks" into place.
4. Close the cartridge door.
To remove the color cartridge, open the cartridge door, then push up on the green lever and slide the cartridge out.
IMPORTANT: The color cartridge may lock in place if there is a paper error. Do not attempt to remove the cartridge without first clearing the paper error. Make sure the Paper light is off before attempting to remove the cartridge.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Nov 14, 2009
Unplug the machine and then Turn it back ON after few minutes. Reinstall all the drivers. If the problem persists,then it sounds as there are foreign objects like a paper clip that jams the paper sensor. And so doing this procedure works out 80% of the times !! ...
This problem can happen because of following reasons :
1. There is some piece of paper / paper clip / sticker stuck inside printer and you are not able to access it. You need to open it up as much you can to see if something is stuck
2. The electric sensor which receives signal from the mechanical paper sensor has issues. Either there is dust on it or its gone bad and needs replacement. You should first open up the printer and blow air in it (using compressed air can) to remove all dust. If it doesn't work then this repair will cost you much more than buying a new Printer.
Let me know, if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Nov 14, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 21, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 21, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 09, 2011 | HP Deskjet D1341 InkJet Printer
Jul 12, 2011 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 07, 2010 | HP Hewlett Packard Deskjet 5650 InkJet...
Dec 15, 2009 | Dell V305w All-In-One R840635AU InkJet...
Nov 20, 2009 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 16, 2009 | Canon Pixma iP2600 Photo InkJet Printer
Jun 01, 2009 | Dell 1815dn All-In-One Laser Printer
May 28, 2009 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Mar 20, 2011 | Kodak EASYSHARE Plus Series 3 Thermal...
109 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: