Question about Maytag Legacy Series Top Load Washer
When i start the cycle, the settings for hot water work, warm water is dispensing hot water, and when its on the cold setting nothing comes out and the washer makes a dull noise. i removed the hoses on the back, cleaned the screen, and checked to make sure that the hose is not the problem. the problem is in the washer. for the mean time i am going to switch the hot and cold hoses to trick the washer so i dont ruin my clothes. any suggestions on what to do?
Could be the cold water solenoid is stuck or broken, maybe a wire has broken or terminal worked loose.
You need to take a look inside and check the wiring, check the supply to the solenoid, etc. If the supply is good the solenoid is probably faulty. If there is no supply it is possibly the board or the controller.
Posted on Jun 18, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: bleach dispenser hose
To access the bleach dispenser hose you will need to remove the outside casing of your washing machine. Follow these steps:
1. UNPLUG the machine first.
2. Remove the console. You will have one of two types of consoles with two separate methods of removal.
a. The first type is a matter of removing the two end caps of the console by lifting up on the end cap from back behind the console and pulling towards you. The cap should just pop off. There will be a groove present on the top rear that you can gently pry with a screwdriver if you can't remove by hand. You will need to remove the philips screw under the end caps and the console will lift up. Be careful not to break the plastic hinges that hold the console in place. You can lift it up and lay it back over the rear panel in a resting position.
b. The second type of console (usually found on some of the newer models) has a retaining clip under each end cap at the front corners. You will need to carefully slide a putty knife between the end cap and top of the machine from the front. Push in to release the retaining clip and lift up. This may be a little tricky trying to get both ends to release together. The console lifts up in the same manner as described before. Again, be careful not to break the plastic hinges that hold the console on.
3. You will find two brass colored clips under the console. Place a flat blade screwdriver in the clip groove on the washer top and push away from you. This will release the retaining clip that holds the case to the back of the machine. Remember how they came off, because you will need to put them back in.
4. Disconnect the lid switch plug from the connector. This is a white plug that is mounted physically to the washer top casing.
5. Lift the lid and place one hand under the front rim of the casing and pull up from the rear towards you. The entire casing should lift off the frame.
6. You should easily be able to access the bleach dispenser hose at this point and make necessary repairs. This is also a good time to inspect the rest of the washer interior and clean underneath.
7. Placing the case back on the frame can be tricky. Lift the lid again and place one hand under the front rim of the casing. Looking down through the lid, place the front of the casing UNDER the frame first and slowly lower the rest to the back. There are two cleats on the frame that must line up with two holes in the casing. Once the casing lines back up on the frame, set it down all the way and pull the back up to meet the casing so you can place the brass retaining clips back in. Place the clips in the groove on the back first, then push down until they snap back into the hole on the washer casing top. You may have to use a little effort to get them back in.
8. Reinstall the console.
I know this seems like a lot, but it is simple if you follow the directions given. Getting the machine case to line back up is the hardest part of the procedure, but you can do it if you take your time. Let me know if you have any further questions. I hope this helps you.
Posted on Jan 25, 2008
SOURCE: No hot water
Make sure your hot water supply valve is on first. If so then try reversing the hot and cold water feed lines and see if you get hot water when asking for cold. The water valve for the hot water side could be bad. Are you familiar with a voltage meter or know someone that can see if you valve coil is getting 120V when the machine is trying to fill with hot water. If not the control unit is faulty. If you do have the 120Vac on the solinoid coil and no water the either the coil is open circuit(bad) or the inlet is plugged. Most generally the problem is in the control knob unit.
Posted on Feb 03, 2008
SOURCE: Reimbursement for ruined clothes
you should never put bleach in the dispenser ,
unless it is colorfast bleach.
always add bleach diluted directly in the drum to prevent this from happening in the future.
the dispenser may never clear the bleach fully.
check is in the mail.
Posted on Feb 25, 2008
Check the hose for a blockage. If you remove the hose, if there is suction at the point where the hose hooks to the back of the vac, then the hose is clogged. If no suction there, check filters, make sure they are clean.
Posted on Jun 01, 2008
SOURCE: SOAP DISPENSER HOSE
take both star screws from under lugs on either side of the lid remove that then take soap drawer out if screws are not visable remove front facia panel the same screws which hold the facia will also hold the soap drawer in place as you lift the drawer you will be able to undo the hose to the drum.
Posted on Aug 24, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 14, 2012 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9549L Top...
Jan 19, 2011 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Sep 29, 2009 | Maytag Performa PAV2200
May 11, 2009 | Maytag Neptune MAH6500A Front Load Washer
Mar 15, 2009 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Jan 21, 2009 | PUR Air Purifiers
Nov 23, 2008 | Bosch Nexxt Premium WFMC6400UC Front Load...
Sep 21, 2008 | Washing Machines
Aug 26, 2008 | Maytag Washing Machines
Jul 26, 2014 | Maytag Legacy Series Top Load Washer
85 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: