Question about Nintendo Wii Console
The power will not work and the reset button will not work how do you fix it.
You need to reset the AC adapter (I'll explain below)
Considering how often I see this problem, I'm amazed Nintendo didn't address it in their FAQ on the Wii.
This is a common problem with the Wii. As I said, I'm very surprised Nintnedo didn't cover this in the owners manual FAQ, considering it happens almost every time there is a power surge or the power goes out, etc.
Even if it's hooked up to a surge protector, this happens. Power comes back on, but the Wii appears dead. It won't turn on, and the LED indicators won't light. If there was a power surge, or the power went out,etc...anything, this will happen. The problem is with the AC adapter,not the Wii itself.
You need to reset the AC adapter to get the Wii to work again. There is a circuit inside the AC adapter that needs to be reset. Unplug the AC adapter from the wall/surge protector outlet. Don't unlpug it from the Wii, it has to be at the outlet. You have to kill power to the adapter.
Unlpug it from the wall/surge protector outlet, and leave it unplugged for 5 or 10minutes. This will kill power to the AC adapter, and give the circuit time to reset. When you plug the adapter back into the outlet after 10 minutes, the red led on the front should be lit up.
Posted on Dec 09, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
printer powered off but connected on power source , you must:
1. Press & hold stop/reset button, and then press & hold [ON/OFF] button.
2. When Green power lit, leave stop/reset button & press twice stop/reset (see orange indicator).
3. Leave On/Off button. Printer in actually service mode.
4. Press stop/reset 4 times (see orange indicator) if not blink restart above process from top.
5. After press stop/reset 4 times successful press On/Off button 3 times. printer will off.
6. Press On/Off button.
Waste ink full reset
These are the instructions which worked for me on my Canon pixma mp470:
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
6) Power off then back on and test.
Mar 27, 2011 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 13, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Aug 08, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 16, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 04, 2010 | Polaroid TDA-03211C 32 in. LCD HDTV
Jul 08, 2009 | GPS
Mar 09, 2009 | ASUS P4PE-X Motherboard
Jun 23, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 06, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP2000 InkJet Printer
Nov 09, 2007 | Televison & Video
146 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!