Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Your PS3 may not be freezing entirely. Look in the top right hand corner of the screen, if the loading sphere is there you've nothing to worry about, and I would reccomend just waiting it out (it unfreezes). If it is not there it is a legitimate freeze and would reccomend sending it off and/or updating the system firmware.
Posted on Apr 14, 2009
SOURCE: ps3 will not play any games
I had a similar problem. My PS3 did not start the disk based games. Those disk based games were not visible in the game menu. I did not have problems with the normal movie DVDs or Movie Blu Rays. Those were working fine.
In case you have the similar problem, you should try the following steps;
The PS3 has a special Recovery Menu, which you can access in the following way;:
1. Turn off Playstation 3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION 3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION 3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION 3 System
Select option "Rebuild Database".
After PS3 has executed the DB rebuilding operation, the disc games will be visible again in the menu and are starting automatically when inserted to PS3.
Posted on Jun 18, 2009
my comp wouldnt play ps3 games but would play blue ray dvds and everything else so i took it pieces and took disc drive out cleaned laser with a cotton bud and lens cleaner put it bck gether and presto worked a treat be carefull thou there r allot of parts inside the disc drive
Posted on Jul 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 17, 2011 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
on May 30, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Dec 29, 2009 | Nintendo Wii Console
Dec 26, 2009 | Square Enix Final Fantasy XI for Xbox 360
Jun 21, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Apr 02, 2009 | EA - Electronic Arts Video Game Consoles &...
Dec 31, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Aug 20, 2008 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
50 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!