Note: Yahoo! Mail only retrieves messages from your external (POP) mail accounts when you request it. Do this by clicking the other account’s server name in the upper-left corner of the page under “Check Other Mail”.
- Click Options in the upper-right corner of the page and select Mail Options.
- Under “Management”, click Mail Addresses.
- Click Add.
- In the box, enter an account name for your own reference (for example, Work or School) …and click Continue.
would be two boxes: In the first one, put the name you’d like others to
see when they get email from this address. In the second one, type the
Email address you’d like send from – from within Yahoo! Mail! (You’ll
be asked to verify this other address in an email we will send to you
there.) Click Continue.
you want to be able to check email in this account from your Yahoo!
account as well? (You can check your mail in clients like Outlook and
Eudora, but currently you won’t be able to check mail in other webmail
accounts with providers like Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo. You can send from
these other addresses from within Yahoo! Mail.)
- If yes, (you want to check mail in your Outlook or Eudora or similar client), skip to step 9.
no, you don't want to check mail in this account, you just want to be
able to SEND from it from inside your Yahoo! account. Click Skip this Step at the bottom of the Add Account page and continue to step 7.
- On the page that opens, check to make sure you’ve entered the correct email address. If you need to make any changes, click Edit Address. If it looks fine, click Send Verification to generate the email we send to you to make sure this is an actual account you use.
- The “Verify Account” page opens. Here’s the easiest way to complete your setup and start sending mail from the new address:
- Leave this "Verify Account" page open.
- In a different browser window or application, sign into your other Mail account.
- Look for an email from Yahoo! Member Services, and open it.
the “confirmation code” in the last line of the email by either
double-clicking it or clicking and dragging over it, then either
clicking Copy from the Edit menu or pressing Ctrl + “c”. (Mac users press Command + “c”.)
back on the “Verify Account” page and Paste that confirmation code in
the box beside “Confirmation Code:” …You can paste by clicking Paste in the Edit menu, or by pressing Ctrl + “v”. (Mac users press Command + “v”.)
- At the bottom of the page, click Verify Account.
- A sign-in page opens with your ID already filled in. Sign in with your password.
You’re done. See the new account in the list on your Mail Accounts
page? Now you can easily send from it by opening a Compose page,
clicking the down-arrow on the end of the “From:” box, and clicking the
new account in the pull-down list of email addresses. People receiving
the message will see it as being sent from that address.
so you also want to be able to check email in this other account from
your Yahoo! Mail account? No problem. On the page you’re looking at,
enter that account’s mail server name (currently, only POP mail servers
are supported). It will be something like pop.goestheweasel.com. To
find out what it is, either search that application’s Help pages for
“POP” or “server” (or both), or contact that email provider directly.
type your user name for that account and the password. This is
completely confidential! Nobody has access to this information, but
Yahoo! Mail needs it to check the account. Note: Your user name is the text in your email address before the "@" symbol.
thought a good way to identify mail from different accounts would be to
give it a different color in your Yahoo! Inbox. So that’s what this
last part is about: pick an indicator color to mark messages received
from this account.
- Click Setup Mail Server.
You should now be looking at the “Verify Account” page. Go back to Step
7 to hopskotch your way through account verification. Once that’s done,
you can do it all from Yahoo! Mail – check mail in that account and
send mail from that account.