I use the USB connector to my PC and it has worked until today. When i woke up my phone was dead, though i had it hooked up to charge all night. Now, if i leave it alone for like 30 minutes, it will try to load up but dies before it finishes and wont take a charge.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First I would try taking the battery in and out, and maybe even blow where the battery connects to the phone. If that doesn't help, you might have to try buy a new battery, if it is the battery that is dead, though it might not be the problem. I would suggest going to someone who can repair your phone, or where you bought it if you have a guarantee.
Chances are your phone got too hot during the night and overcharged the Lithium Ion battery. If those batteries are exposed to too much heat then they won't have the battery life they used to have. You need to purchase a replacement battery or contact your wireless carrier to see about getting another one.
It won't turn on because battery is too low. Another benefit of lithium ion batteries. When they are depleted, the internal controller / charge circuitry on battery disables it.
You didn't mention what kind of phone other than Motorola. If it has a USB connector to charge through, make sure that you are using a motorola approved charger. There is a way to make the USB connectors (charger side) indicate a particular class and rating. If this doesn't match what the phone expects, then you will likely get a Cannot Charge message or similar.
That being said, this usually only happens with AC wall chargers. I have yet to see it happen with a vehicle charger, though I don't rule it out.
i think the solution to this problem is to let your cellphone go dead my friend told me today that my d900i was overcharged so thats why it wouldnt charge throught the power outlet let the battery cell die and than charge it see if this helps ( i have to try it too , just waiting for my cell to go dead lol)
I am guessing heat can only come from discharging the battery in a non-intentional way. Short circuit or something internal.
Did you plug it into something besides the connector it came with? An FM transmitter for the iPod killed mine. Hard reset, wall charging, USB charge, iTunes restore, replaced the battery ... still dead. Considering how hot it gets, (could be a fire hazard?) surprised Apple doesn't issue a notice or warning.