Question about Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
The Linksys wireless router needs the wireless settings configured and then the wireless card in the computer with these settings so it can communicate with the wireless router.
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps: -
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router wirelessly.
Posted on Nov 14, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 02, 2011 | Bell Televison & Video
Jan 08, 2011 | OMNI Alfa 500mW AWUS036H USB Wireless...
Jan 01, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox Console
Dec 17, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Sep 24, 2009 | Zonet ZSR1104WE Wireless Router
Apr 06, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G VPN router with...
Feb 23, 2009 | IBM ThinkPad R50e Notebook
Jan 23, 2009 | NetGear WG111 802.11g/b Wireless Adapter
94 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!