Question about Gateway Belkin 54g Wireless DSL/Cable Router (DHF5D72304)
The wpn code, do you mean the WPS or WEP encryption code?
If so you need to go into the wireless router configuration.
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps: -
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router wirelessly.
Posted on Nov 14, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 20, 2014 | Car Audio & Video
Jan 28, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 05, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 03, 2009 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Nov 26, 2008 | HP ProCurve Wireless 802.11b Access Point...
Oct 17, 2007 | 2wire HomePortal 1100 Router...
Jun 10, 2013 | Gateway Belkin 54g Wireless DSL/Cable...
372 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: