Question about Garden
1) remove the recoil housing
**NOTE: normally you DO NOT need to remove the rotor pulley or spring to replace the rope. This is the area that causes so many guys a lot of extra trouble
2) locate the string that is left and the hole it is threaded thru
3) determine how much string has broken off of the rope that came out
Note: if more than 1 inch is left, then the rope needs to be replaced
4) after rope is obtained, make sure both ends are melted to a point for easier threading thru handle and rope rotor
5) install the rope (with the handle installed on one end) thru the recoil housing and towards the rope rotor.
6) with the rotor free of tension, route the rope from the groove toward center and up thru the hole. Tie a knot in the end of the rope, leaving a 3/8" tail free.
7) wind the rotor in the direction of what the rope would pull (this will tighten the spring) until the spring is completely wound. remove 1/2 to 1 revolution, and then allow rope to wind onto the rotor until all rope is wound.
8) Pull the rope several times to position rope properly into rotor.
*note : there should be NO droop in the handle after released
If droop is evident, wind the rotor and rope 1 revolution tighter so there is no droop of handle when released
9) when unit is functioning proplerly, re-install housing onto unit
Posted on Nov 14, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 15, 2015 | Toro Garden
Feb 07, 2011 | Homelite Garden
Aug 06, 2010 | Craftsman Garden
Jul 24, 2010 | Homelite Consumer Products MightyLite...
Jun 02, 2010 | Homelite Consumer Products MightyLite...
Apr 25, 2009 | Homelite Consumer Products MightyLite...
Mar 27, 2009 | Garden
Mar 26, 2009 | Garden
Mar 23, 2009 | Poulan/Weed Eater #Wt200 711724 24cc Gas...
537 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!