Question about Grundig S350 AM/FM/SW Radio
Adding to the forgoing excellent suggestions, note that AM, unlike FM, is sensitive to nearby noisemakers like laptop computers, switching power supplies, digital phones and clocks, and to some extent, modern LED and florescent desk lamps. The radio compensates for this excessive noise by making reception less sensitive. Lacking an external antenna (best solution), if you can double the distance from a big nearby noisemaker such as your laptop and its ac power supply, you will reduce the noise by one fourth. Also, rotate your radio until the noise reception is minimal. There are two deep notches in reception off of the ends of the built in ferrite antenna.
Posted on May 05, 2013
Turn on the radio and turn the AM/SW BAND switch to the AM position. MW appears in the display. Use the outer ‘fast’ tuning knob to find stations, fine tuning with the inner ‘slow’ knob
• If there is interference from adjacent stations, place the BAND WIDTH control in the NARROW position. If there is no interference, leave it in the WIDE position.
• If there is excess background noise, turn on
the SW LPF switch, which may minimize the noise.
• If a station is so strong that audio distortion occurs, reduce the gain level with the AM/SW RF GAIN control knob by turning it counterclockwise.
• The telescopic antenna does not have to be extended for AM reception. The radio has an internal, directional, ferrite-bar antenna for AM reception.
• To optimize AM reception, swivel the radio until maximum signal strength is achieved.
All of that being said: It's very tough nowadays to receive AM in this 2008 electronic world. If your able install a longwire SW antenna outside, and have access to a good earth ground, you can boost the AM signals and beat the noise being generated all around you.
Posted on Jan 08, 2008
Actually for best results set it to narrow and leave it. Use the RF gain also. These radios are junk really!
Posted on Jun 30, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 09, 2017 | Dodge Grand Caravan Cars & Trucks
Apr 09, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 16, 2016 | Eclipse Audio Players & Recorders
Dec 12, 2015 | 2005 Dodge Durango Limited
Aug 13, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
May 19, 2014 | 2004 Lincoln Navigator
Jul 02, 2010 | Cars & Trucks
May 28, 2009 | 1997 Buick Park Avenue
Jun 17, 2014 | Grundig S350 AM/FM/SW Radio
506 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!