Question about Memorex MMP8565 MP3 Player
I HAVE A MEMOREX (MMP8640A) & IT WON'T COME ON, IT JUST KEEPS SHUTTING OFF SAYING MEDIA FULL, SHUTTING DOWN. WHEN I PLUG IN INTO THE CPU WITH THE USB IT WILL DETECT IT FOR ABOUT 30 SECONDS AND THEN IT DISCONNECTS. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
Reinstall the firmware, following the next steps:
Download the firmware from Memorex site (www.memorex.com) but use the firmware for MMP8620 NOT the one for MMP8640, otherwise you will finish with your player starting with a blank screen.
FIRMWARE UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS FOR MMP8640.
1. Make sure the unit is powered off.
2. Plug one end of the USB cable into the USB port on your PC.
3. Click on the start button on the lower left hand corner on you PC.
4. Highlight Programs, on the drop down page highlight Memorex Aptitude Digital Audio Player.
5. On the drop down window click on “Memorex Aptitude Firmware Download”.
6. Memorex Aptitude Firmware Download Window will open with a notice “PLEASE CONNECT
7. Press and hold down the MENU button on the MP3 player at the same time connect the other end of the
USB cable to the USB port on the player.
8. Firmware Download Window will begin initializing.
9. Keep holding down the MENU button on the player until the Firmware Download Window displays
10. Release your finger from the MENU button.
11. In the Firmware Download Window, put a check mark beside Format Data Area.
12. Click on the START button in the Memorex Aptitude Download window.
13. Wait until the screen says “firmware download complete”.
14. Click on the CLOSE button.
15. Disconnect the USB cable from the player. The player will turn on by itself. If the player doesn’t turn
on automatically, press the power button.
Please note if an ERROR message appears on the display of the player when the player powers on, you
need to repeat steps 1 - 15.
WARNING: DO NOT INTERUPT FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD PROCEDURE
Hope it helps, I solve the problem just like this.
Posted on Feb 18, 2009
It may be a silly solution, but have you tried hitting the reset button that's under the SD Card slot cover? It's hard to find, but when I reset the device, it started working again.
I was experiencing intermittent USB connectivity as well for a while. It would connect for yeah, about 30 seconds or so. Sometimes it would even "Reconnect" on its own just to drop again shortly thereafter.
I changed USB slots that I was plugging into the computer and that problem went away, too. I don't think the slot is bad since I use it for other devices without problem, but I had to do it for this one.
The fine people at Memorex support mentioned that I may have to right-click on the "Internal Storage" icon and choose a "quick-format" option as well, but thankfully I didn't have to do that. Not sure if it is relevant to your issue( or even possible if the USB connection drops after 30 seconds or so... )
Posted on Feb 11, 2008
I need software to download music in my memorex mp3 player...please send me the software as soon as you can
Posted on Nov 26, 2008
Get a new and different brand of mp3 player
Posted on Jul 02, 2008
I have a memorex MMP8640A and its a peice of ****. i have to reset that stupid thing almost everyday... but reseting does make it work
Posted on Aug 14, 2008
MY MEMOREX MMP8620 HAS TUNER WORKING BUT CAN ONLY TUNE ODD NUMBERS (88.1,88.3,88,5 ETC).
COULD A RESET HELP?
Posted on Apr 09, 2009
I have a memorex mmp8640 mp3 player i cant load the songs into the player if i load songs into that it is loading and again whe i switch on the player then i cannot find the iles in it it shows empty can any one solve this problem for meeee!
Posted on Nov 13, 2008
Where i s the reset button
Posted on Nov 01, 2008
The MP3 player is too full. Plug it back in to your computer and delete one file. It'll work just fine.
Posted on Jul 21, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 24, 2011 | Memorex MP3 & Digital Media Players
May 14, 2009 | Memorex MMP8640 Digital Media Player
Jul 01, 2008 | MP3 & Digital Media Players
Apr 03, 2008 | MP3 & Digital Media Players
Feb 21, 2008 | MP3 & Digital Media Players
Jan 12, 2008 | Memorex MMP8567 MP3 Player
1,938 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: