Need to program extension to ring on incoming calls
Professional Level 1 programming to make a phone ring on incoming calls:
1. On the phone you want to change ringing, press <FNC> - 4 and the screen will show the port number and the station number. If it doesnt have a display, borrow one and plug it into the cord that is attached to the wall, then do this. The port number is needed since all station programming is port based.
2. From ext. 10 or 11 (or whatever the extension numbers are for ports 01 and 02 are), with the phone idle press ,<FNC>, <HOLD>, #,0,*. The screen should show "PROGRAM MODE".
3. Press Line Key 4, which is the 4th button across the top.
Dial "15", screen should show "01 / 15: 12345678" if you're in the right place. In this mode, the * key moves the cursor right, and the # key moves the cursor left. The first two digits are the port you're programming, the next field is the program code, "15"in our case, which is Daytime Ringing, and the last field is the data setting for this port.
4. Move the cursor to the left so you can change the port field to the port number you found in step 1. After changing the port number, move the cursor back to the right to the data field, and press the digits corresponding the the line number you want to ring, e.g. for line 1 press "1", for line 4 press "4". Each digit pressed in this field is a toggle, so if you press "1" when the digit "1" is already displayed, you will turn off ringing.
5. Verify that the display settings are correct. For example, if you want port 04 to ring in day mode on lines 3, 4 and 5, the display should show "04 / 15: 345 ". If all is correct press <TRF>, and note that the screen advances to the next port automatically.
6. You can change Night Mode ringing by setting the program code field to "16" instead of "15", then the same procedures apply.
7. When all changes are completed, press <SPKR> to exit program mode (or lift handset and hang up).
Dec 16, 2008 |
NEC Electra Professional ETW-16DC-2