Question about GE GSH22SGRSS Side by Side Refrigerator
Check the rear of the freezer you may find a build up of ice there if so you have a defrost problem chances are the heater is bad you can unplug ref and let thaw or you can tear into the rear (pretty easy) and defrost with hair dryer and look at theheater which is a glass tube usual only one at the bottom of the coils but some models have two one in the center you will most likely find them bad if they are not chrome looking then they are bad replace defrost thermostat also this is common rule.let me know what you find god luck
Posted on Jan 08, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 10, 2016 | Refrigerators
Dec 09, 2012 | GE Refrigerators
Ice bin must be locked in place for proper ice dispensing. If necessary, turn auger driver behind ice bin counterclockwise to properly align ice bin with auger driver.
• Press the switch ON to activate ice maker. Slide bin into guide rails located on either side of the enclosure. Push the ice bin in until resistance is felt. Raise the front slightly and push the ice bin completely in. An audible "click" is heard when the ice bin is located correctly.
• After freezer section reaches between 0° to 2° F (-18° to -17° C), ice maker fills with water and begins operating. You will have a complete harvest of ice
approximately every hour.
• Allow approximately 3 to 6 hours after installation to receive first harvest of ice.
• Discard ice created within the first 12 hours of operation to verify system is flushed of impurities.
• Stop ice production by pressing the ON/OFF switch located on the front of the ice maker.
• The first one or two batches will probably contain undersized and irregular cubes because of air in the supply line.
• When the ice cubes are ejected it is normal for several cubes to be joined together at the ends. They can easily be broken apart. The ice maker will
continue to make ice until the supply of ice cubes raises the ice maker arm, shutting the ice maker off.
• Certain sounds may accompany the various cycles of the ice maker. The motor may have a slight hum, the cubes will rattle as they fall into an empty storage bin and the water valve may click or "buzz" occasionally.
Jun 01, 2011 | Maytag MFI2568AES Stainless Steel Bottom...
Apr 10, 2011 | Whirlpool ED5SHAXM Side by Side...
Jul 26, 2010 | Kenmore 20.6 cu. ft. Top Freezer...
Jun 07, 2010 | Kenmore 64802 Top Freezer Refrigerator
Mar 03, 2009 | GE Refrigerators
Nov 16, 2007 | Amana AFD2535DES French Door Refrigerator
Dec 23, 2006 | Kenmore 55693 Side by Side Refrigerator
135 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: