Question about Dell E228WFP LCD Monitor
Okay, there is what is known as a Diagnostic Partition in all Dell computers. When you turn on your computer you need to Tap F12 when you see your BIOS load (which is the first thing you see on your screen when you turn on your computer.) You will then see several options, if you did it correctly, and the one on the very bottom usually says something along the line of "Boot to Utility Partition" and there will be an option for a screen test. Run it.
Please tell me if you need any further assistance.
Creative Energy Associates Technical Center
Posted on Nov 13, 2009
You need to follow step by step troubleshooting and isolate the cause of the problem. Follow these steps:
1. First run a Self Test on the monitor, i.e disconnect it from your CPU, leave the power cable on and check if you see something that says "Self Test feature check".
2. If you can see the above "self test feature check" that means the monitor is fine and there is a problem with either your video card or the VGA cable. If you don't see it then ask Dell for a replacement, if it is in warranty.
3. Try another VGA cable to isolate the cause.
4. If it works fine with another VGA cable then get another cable for your monitor otherwise its your video card or the on-board video.
5. To make sure that it is the on-board video or the video card, just attach the monitor with another tower or a CPU, If it works with another CPU then its surely your video card or the on-board video.
These steps should resolve or at least help you with isolating the cause of the problem.
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 30, 2011 | Dell E228WFP LCD Monitor
Nov 18, 2010 | Dell E228WFP LCD Monitor
Apr 19, 2010 | Dell E228WFP LCD Monitor
Apr 17, 2010 | Dell E228WFP LCD Monitor
Mar 11, 2010 | Polyview MNTR |17'LCD V17D Monitor
Jan 04, 2010 | Dell E228WFP LCD Monitor
Nov 13, 2009 | Dell E228WFP LCD Monitor
Apr 23, 2009 | Dell E228WFP LCD Monitor
450 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!