HP c7180 printer is giving me the following message, "black cartridge missing or damaged" . I replaced the cartridge with a remanufactured cartridge and with an original cartridge as well. Regardless of the cartridge I use it will not recognize the Black HP 02 cartridge. All the colour cartridges are being recognized, even though I have a mix of remanufactured and original colour cartridges installed. What can I do to fix this issue?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 7 tips or uploaded 3 video tips
Re: hp c7820 printer 02 black catridge
Open the printer and remove the ink. Clean around the ink carriage and
the under the ink with alcohol and a cotton swab. Pay special attention
to areas with copper contacts. Keep
in mind too that some printers will not print, even with full ink, if
the exact type of ink it expected you to have installed is not right. Double
check that the ink is correct against the manual or written
instructions inside the printer using the number not the shape or color of the cartridge. Not every cartridge that fits the
printer necessarily works.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I wont think so that there is no toner level sensing in 12a catridge, messaige might be catridge missing or incert catridge.. remove back door see down right side sensor which sensing the catridge presence, check sensor flag dislocate/spring dislocate/broken correct it, if sensor is dusty clean it... Best of luck
It states: " Ink cartridge problem Cause The indicated ink cartridge(s) are missing or are damaged. Solution Replace the indicated ink cartridge(s) immediately so that you can resume printing. If there are no ink cartridges missing from the HP All-in-One, the ink cartridge contacts might need to be cleaned. If there are no ink cartridges missing from the HP All-in-One, and you still receive this message after cleaning the ink cartridge contacts, you might have a damaged ink cartridge. Contact HP customer support." Go to: www.hp.com/support Basics Guide 29 Troubleshooting and support
01. First remove all catridges from the Printer.
02. Clean the printer with Cleaning liquid in the catridge seating cover.
03. Re install the catridges gently and assure that it is properly seated.
04. Always use only genuine HP original catridges which will give longer life for the printer.
05. Refilled or Reinked ribbons will cause lot of damages to the printer.
06. Better to have the regular servicing for this printer.
If the problem continues, please call local authorized HP Printer service engineer.
HP PSC 2210 InkJet Printer.
The following has to be done for checking the Blank Ink Catridge working :
01. Remove the existing Black catridge and Color Catridges from the Printer carefully.
02. Clean the location with a soft cloth with cleaning liquid to make the place dust free.
03. Put the correct black and colour cartridges recommended by HP and that too genuine one.
04. Do not use any refilled or reinked local catridges that will spoil the HP PSC 2210 printer.
05. Re-install the catridges both Black and Colour properly.
06. Take a test print out - both black and colour print outs.
07. Check the Printer status and there is no warning of Cartridges wrongly inserted.
Have a Good day.
In this case what i would request u to do is....... Take out both the catridges from the Printer......... Take 2 Paper Towels one should be wet with Luke warm water and the other one should be dry........... Take the Colour catridge first turn it upside down and u will see a small copper plate on the catridge from where the ink comes out....... Place the wet paper towel using ur thumb on the Copper plate and press it a lit bit for 10 Seconds...... Now remove it and see whether u see any ink on the paper towel.......... U should see some ink on it now place the dry paper towel on the ink catridge in the same way........ Now do the same procedure again.......... Do the same procedure twice on the Black Catridge................. Now take the dry paper towel and turn the direction of the cartridge so that u can see a Copper plate on it with small boxes just clean that copper plate with the Dry Paper Towel.......... Know insert both the catridges inside the Printer.........
Pls try doing this...........