Question about Kenmore Kitchen Ranges
Check the function keys and make sure they ere akll OK and none of them are stuck.
How To Perform A Touch Pad / ERC Test
This test is easy to perform and will help you determine whether the Electronic Range Control (ERC, control board) or touch pad is defective when the F1 code is displayed.
Note: With some models, the ERC and the touch pad are one single unit and therefore this test is not necessary. The entire assembly must be replaced.
1. Disconnect the power to the range by either unplugging the power cord, or turning the power off at the circuit breaker. Always make sure the power as been disconnected properly before beginning this test.
2. Access the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad ribbon from the ERC.
4. Re-assemble the control panel. Make sure to check for any additional defects such as frayed or lose wires that could be causing the problem.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait up to an hour for the F1 code to reappear. This could be accompanied by an alert such as a beeping sound.
7. If the F1 code reappears, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Posted on Nov 13, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 05, 2012 | Ovens
The "F1" fault code indicates one of the following possible failures:
Jan 21, 2011 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
May 28, 2010 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
Aug 24, 2009 | Kenmore 91112 / 91114 / 91117 Electric...
Jul 20, 2009 | Kenmore 63662 / 63664 / 63669 Microwave...
Jun 26, 2009 | Kenmore Kitchen Ranges
May 17, 2009 | Frigidaire 30 in. Electric Gallery Series...
Dec 16, 2008 | Ovens
Dec 15, 2008 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
535 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: