Question about Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright Deep Cleaner, Red Berends Vacuum
Check the brush drive belt has not broken by inspecting from underneath. See the manual pages 21 & 22 for removal instructions. Download a copy from the following link
This may be caused because the pump belt has stretched or broken or the pump is seized and will not turn. Remove the pump belt and turn the pump rotor with your fingers to see it turns freely. If it does then the pump should be OK but the belt may be stretched and will need replacing. If the unit does not spray after changing the belt then clean the spray nozzles at the front of the machine and make sure that water flows to the nozzles OK. You can check this by temporarily disconnecting the nozzles from the plastic pipes.
Main causes for no spray.
Bladder may be empty.
SmartMix Bottle may be empty.
The Filter may be clogged.
Tanks may not be seated properly.
Pump may have lost prime.
The Pump Belt may be broken.
2 front jets are blocked. This is a common problem. When the machine is standing for a while the detergent turns to a gel causing the blockage Lay the Bissell on its side then where the water comes out of the jets at the bottom of the machine unblock them using a pin to poke through the hole in the centre.
Try running hot water through the system with no detergent to empty out all the residual detergent. Keep running hot water through the system by pressing the button you press for it to spray the water do this for about 5 mins and keep swapping the water for hotter water as it starts to cool doing this 4 or 5 times might solve your problem if not get the tools out and start looking for the blockage. Do this once a month to ensure that the pipes and jets are kept clean and free of any detergent gel build up.
Posted on Nov 13, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 31, 2014 | Bissell Lift-Off Deep Cleaner 94Y2
Jul 19, 2014 | Bissell 1970-R Carpet Cleaners
Please try these suggestions to get your machine working properly:
Make sure there is liquid in both the Tank-in-Tank and the SmartMix Bottle and check for spray through the upholstery hose. If the hose does not spray please check the following:
- Remove the belt access door and inspect the pump belt to ensure it is not broken, worn or stretched. You may also check the belt by turning on the power and watching the brush on the bottom of the machine. If the brush rotates the belt is not broken.
- Check for proper placement of the o-ring on the SmartMix Cap Insert (some o-rings are detachable and need to fit over the straw; others are molded to the cap).
- Check for liquid in the base of the machine where the SmartMix Bottle sits (SmartMix Reservoir). If there is no liquid in the reservoir, the neck on the SmartMix Bottle may be undersized, the cap will not make proper contact with the unit and the smart mix bottle will need to be replaced.
- Check for the black or red tank gasket on the SmartMix Bottle Cap and on the bottom of the Tank-in-Tank Assembly. If gasket is lodged in base of unit or has been lost, reattach gasket on auto-load or order new gasket if appropriate.
- Check the valves on the bottoms of the Tank-in-Tank and SmartMix Bottle to make sure water/solution will come through when the "x" valve is depressed. Bladder or SmartMix bottle may be empty or the valve may be blocked internally.
- Check if the small rounded window tabs on the top edge of the Floor Nozzle Window are locked in their mating slots on the base of the machine and not inadvertently lifting the tank up out of place.
If these suggestions do not solve the problem, please have a technician at a local BISSELL Authorized Service Center inspect your machine. BISSELL supports your machine with a one-year warranty for any defective or malfunctioning part.
Sep 26, 2010 | Bissell Carpet Cleaner Powerbrush Deep...
Apr 29, 2010 | Bissell Carpet Cleaner Powerbrush Deep...
Apr 17, 2010 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Oct 28, 2009 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Aug 01, 2009 | Bissell Carpet Cleaner Powerbrush Deep...
Oct 04, 2008 | Bissell 1699 ProHeat Clear View Upright...
Jan 08, 2008 | Bissell 1699 ProHeat Clear View Upright...
262 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!