Question about Creative Labs Computers & Internet
Probably itz either minor case of software corruption/improper ground/cpu fan..
or major case of faulty or defective main board/ram/daughter or addon card(s)..
..plz do check the following as in order:..
the Hardware part:..
1)see if the ram(s) is loose/faulty..open clean/remove carbon & or oxide formed on the teeth with an eraser n resit it..or replace with a standby n see..
2) 4) a) see if ur hdd is noisy or emitting any 'ticking' noise (like 'tuk tuk' or 'kirr kirr')..
b) or if the system is not supporting either the newly installed device or itz software/driver /firmware
if so, u need either a fresh os installation or ur hdd is likely to b replaced..
3)remove/clean dust neatly..dust is non-uniform in nature n may cause jam/short circuitry/excess resistance n many more..resulting an increase in heat..
4) open the CPU Heat-Sink with fan out of the socket..put some "Heat Sink Compound" (available in local electronics chip level spare market) between the cpu/processor and the CPU Heat Sink *** fan..resit/fit it tightly in position..
5) on main/mother board..see with a debug card for mb error..may b short..look for defective capacitors(esp above1000mfd)/mosfets..go through the mb's south bridge n the circuit lie around atx connector..the crystal clock generator (if cpu isn't heating up)....
the Software part:..
1) hv a licensed and UPDATED antivirus installed (i prefer avg/kaspersky, remember, without updation a full version antivirus is useless)..
2) download, install n run microsoft kb890830..http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AD724AE0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en..
3) download n run Startup Control Panel..http://download.cnet.com/Startup-Control-Panel/3000-2094_4-10039330.html..'remove all the unnecessary startup items from here..(if u can't find what to remove, post me/us in ur comment with all the items listed in each n every tabs herein)..
4) remove all unnecessary software from add/remove programs..
5) download, install n run 'Advanced System Care Pro'..http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Pro/3000-2086_4-10399324.html..
6)disable the following:..
a) 'Automatically Restart' right click on my computer->properties->advanced->startup n recovery->(uncheck on the) Automatically Restart;
b)'Error Reporting' right click on my computer->properties->advanced->error reporting->disable error reporting->(uncheck on the) 'but notify me when critical error occur'..
7) Increase the size of Virtual Memory, Initial: 1440; Maximum: 2880
if u r bot a professional, always better to seek advise from ur system admin/vendor....
Posted on Nov 13, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 24, 2013 | Dell Latitude D610 Notebook
detail of that particular date should show "System Checkpoint" and
time on the right hand side box. Select that date.
Now, Click on Next and System Restore will start and windows will take a reboot.
After reboot your problem should be resolved.
Apr 11, 2011 | Sony VAIO GRZ660 Notebook
Jan 23, 2011 | HP Computers & Internet
Jul 19, 2010 | Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Pro V2000 Notebook
Jun 05, 2010 | ASUS Eee PC 900 PC Notebook
Feb 02, 2010 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Oct 17, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Sep 06, 2009 | Compaq Evo N610C Notebook
Dec 07, 2015 | Creative Labs Computers & Internet
544 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: