this issue basically occurs if the printer carriage is not moving properly or if there is a need to reset the printer. From the information provided it indicates that the issue might be with the printer hardware malfunctioning. However, before confirming the same let us try to resolve the issue by performing the steps. If the issue persists, then I am afraid the printer needs the service/replacement.
Kindly, follow the steps listed below to resolve the issue:
*** Step 1: Check the power*****
1. Verify that the computer and the all-in-one product have a three-prong power plug.
2. Remove the product cable from any power strips or surge suppressors, and plug it directly into a grounded (three-prong) wall outlet.
*** Step 2: Power cycle
Please perform the steps below to power cycle your all-in-one, performing power cycle will remove electrical surges from the printer.Before performing these steps please remove the surge protector and connect the printer directly to the outlet.
Please follow the steps below to power cycle your all-in-one:
1. Verify that the unit is switched on. Unplug the all-in-one from power and disconnect the USB/Ethernet cable.
2. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Plug in the power cable only.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times.
5. On the third time after plugging the unit into power, reconnect the cable from the all-in-one to your computer.
6. Now check the functionality
Now, this should refresh the printer by removing the surges if any.
*** Step 3: Reset the printer
Reset the All-in-One to the factory default settings by using these instructions:
1. Disconnect and then reconnect the power cord.
2. When the lights begin to flash, press and hold On/Resume and Number of Copies.
When only the On/Resume light is flashing, release the buttons.
When the On/Resume light is steady, the reset is complete.
*** Step 4: Clean the cartridges
I am enclosing an HP web site wherein the instructions are included to clean the cartridges, please visit to perform them:
After performing the steps now check the functionality of the printer. By now, I beleive the issue is resolved. However, If the issue persists, then I am afraid it indicates that the issue is with the printer hardware malfunctioning and the unit is not functioning properly and the unit might require service/replacement.
I regret for the inconvenience caused.
If you wish you can go for upgrade options that are nothing but refurbished models offered by HP at lower costs compared to marked prices with certain extended warranty. If you are intrested in these upgrade options then let us know so that we can furnish the details to you.
In the end, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience as I could not assist you much in this regard due to the (hardware ) nature of the issue.
You can always get back to us for further technical support. If you have further questions please reply to this mail, I look forward to assist you.
Pradeep kumar Bandaru