Question about D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DWL-2000AP 802.11g/b Wireless Access Point
First you will need to check the settings of the wireless network. for this you will need to access the router set up page. Connect a computer to the router. Check the IP address on the computer . Default gateway will be the IP address of the router . You will use the default gateway number to access the rotuer set up page. Where you can check the settings of your network. Click Here to know how to open the set up page.
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
If you did not configure the Netgear wireless router and changed the default settings and the default password password, then your wireless system is open to anyone hacking into your system and change your wireless router's settings and they can hack into your computers and your Internet connection. The Linksys expander will increase the wireless range to give a wider coverage to your router.
I suggest you reset the Netgear back to the factory defaults (press the pinhole button on the back of the Netgear router until the LEDs flash then release this button,
The configure the Netgear as follows :-
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps: -
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router wirelessly.
Posted on Nov 13, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 09, 2011 | NetGear WNR1000 Router
Mar 12, 2011 | NetGear DG834G Wireless Router
Sep 08, 2010 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Mar 16, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jan 10, 2010 | Dell TrueMobile 1184 Wireless Broadband...
Oct 16, 2009 | NetGear MR814 Wireless Router
Feb 08, 2008 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
Jan 05, 2008 | NetGear DG834G Router
Jul 15, 2007 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
Jan 31, 2013 | D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DWL-2000AP...
227 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!