Question about Alpine SWR-1222D 12" Type-R Series Subwoofer Car Speaker
You are probably running the ohms too low for the amp and its drawing too much current. Consult your amp manual for proper load level capacity and you can wire it accordingly. More then likely its only 4ohm stable bridged and your running it at 2 or less depending on if your subs have single or dual voice coils. Try connecting one pos speaker terminal to the other speaker neg then run the left ofer pos on one speaker and the the left over neg directly to the amp (series) I will raise the ohms (amp makes less power) but should not cut off unless the subs ohm are still to low, if this is the case you need a sub with a higher ohm rating or an amp wiht a lower rating...
Posted on Nov 13, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
• Check that the subwoofer is connected properly, switched on and the volume turned up.
• If your subwoofer has a sleep function, make sure it is switched off.
• Make sure that the Subwoofer setting is YES or PLUS (see Speaker Setting on page xx).
• The crossover frequency may be set too low; try setting it higher to match the characteristics of your other speakers (see Speaker Setting on page xx)
• If there is very little low frequency information in the source material, change your speaker settings to Front: SMALL / Subwoofer: YES , or Front: LARGE / Subwoofer: PLUS (see Speaker Setting on page xx).
• Check that the LFE channel is not set to -80dB , or a very quiet setting (see Bass Peak Level
on page xx).
• Check the speaker level settings (see Channel Level on page xx).
Regarding the Large vs Small assignment of speakers, what they mean isn't so much the physical size but the ability to handle real bass. Large if Yes.
Jan 12, 2011 | Boston Acoustics PV600 Main / Stereo...
Jan 11, 2011 | Sony SA-WM500 Subwoofer
Apr 07, 2010 | JBL PB12 Subwoofer
Nov 25, 2009 | Velodyne CHT-12 Subwoofer
Aug 24, 2009 | Pioneer TS-SWX310 Car Subwoofer
Mar 10, 2009 | Dahlquist ORBIT 5.1A System
Dec 20, 2007 | Pyramid 4 X 10 SPEAKERS Car Speaker
Sep 17, 2007 | Kicker 02S10L74 Car Subwoofer
Aug 07, 2007 | Yamaha YST-MSW10 Computer Speakers
126 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: