Question about Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
You need to configure the Belkin wireless settings and the configure the wireless card in the laptop with the router's wireless settings.
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps: -
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router wirelessly.
Posted on Nov 13, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 23, 2011 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
In order to change the wireless security password of your Belkin wireless router F5D7234-4 , please follow these setps
1. Open up the internet explorer in the computer in which you are online and clear the address bar and type in the number 192.168.2.1 and hit enter.
2. You will be logged into the Belkin router setup page .
3. In the left hand side, under the heading wireless click on Security
4. It will ask for a password to login, leave the password as blank and click on Submit, then you will be find the wireless security page where you can change or check your old password
Thanks in Advance!
Jan 03, 2011 | Belkin F5D7234-4 Router
Sep 11, 2008 | Belkin F5D7230-4 Kit (F5D7230V4SNPDQ)
Aug 12, 2008 | Belkin (F5D9230-4) Wireless Router...
Dec 26, 2007 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Dec 16, 2013 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
88 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: