Which files are supported by the Infitek MP4 Player
The manual is written in broken chinese english( no offense), but its not clear. Is it suppose to support MP3, Wav files?... Must I place them in a compressed file? It seems when I DL the music.. I can see it has been copied, but I can not hear it. I have played with volume on both the pc and the device. I follow the advice from the board, but its not working out. Please help.. its for my son.. help mommy look extra smart..
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Did the device came with a CD? If yes, install the driver from the CD to your computer, so that way the MP4 will be recognize by the PC.
Once you see the MP4 showing on your PC, right click on your mouse and go to format. On file format you should you should see FAT or FAT 32, try FAT32.
Problem: Infitek MP4 player is recognized by Vista and Windows XP but when you try to put files on it, error pops up.
Solution: The MP4 needs to be reformatted to FAT32 file system, here is howto do it:
1) Connect USB cable to PC
2) Connect Infitek to cable.
3) An AutoPlay window will pop up on your PC. Select "Open folders to view files using Windows Explorer"
4) On the left of the explorer window the following will be seen "Removable Disk (?:)" (? can be any letter in the alphabet, most likely E-K)
5) Right click on "Removable Disk (?:)" with your mouse and select "Format"
6) "Format Removable Disk (?:)" window will appear, select FAT32 from the FIle system Combo box and select Quick Format from the Format options and click on START
You may need to format the MP4 more than once, it did not work for mr the first time.
7) After you receive a message, Format completed successfully you can drag and drop any files to the "Removable Disk (?:)" which is the MP4 player storage area.
8) Disconnect the cable, turn on the MP4, if at main menu use the >>| key to get to the Music, Click MENU key to get to the first song, click >|| to play song.
I used .WMA files (Windows Media Player) songs. They seemed to work ok